Thursday 20 December 2012

Coldest Cab Ever!

We slept in a little, well deserved me thinketh! Before heading down to breakfast with our little tokens.. to clarify, we don't eat the tokens for breakfast.. they get us a deliciousness breakfast! I handed over these cute little tokens and got stuck into grabbing a little of all the things I wanted..
Aren't they the cutest?!

After breaky, we headed back up to the room to hang out a little, pack and the like to get organised for checking out. Time flew and before we knew it it was time to head down, store our bags and head off for a very slow day looking at a few shops. Not so much sightseeing on the agenda today as Pinko was back to being under the weather. 

We stepped out and it wasn't long before we discovered that places open rather late, some 11 and some 12, and it was only about 10:30am.. so the most logical thing to do was to head into a bar and drink some hot wine, coz of course the bars are open early!

Emma had a coffee, Pinko had her water and we sat there for a while until Pinko could muster some strength to hit some stores, and then we were on the path to shopping.. I like looking at graffiti and the general surroundings..

and stickers! So many stickers!

And the little hats on the lights dudes are always awesome, that's something I enjoy about other countries.. looking out for the funny little figures on the light signals. I saw many ace ones on EuroTrip2012.
We hit up a cupcake store, where Emma and I partook in a red velvet cupcake and also a salted caramel cupcake.. and split a fritzy drink! It was a good little sugar hit to help me get through the stores. Pinko was in her shopping element in the cute little stores and was starting to perk up, girls and shopping aye? She thought the only way to make her pack easier to juggle was to add a bunch more stuff to the mix! again I say.. girls and shopping aye? We finished up with our lookie lu and headed back to the hotel to hang out in the lounge area until it was time to leave.. I killed some time with some cherry cake..

Finally the hours passed, and it was time to go to the airport which is when things got cold. SO. VERY. COLD. The cab arrived and it had no heating.. seriously, no heating in a cab in Berlin at winter?! Longest, coldest cab ride of my life! I couldn't wait to get outta there and into the airport. We walked around the airport, then I had another currywurst and then the boarding of the plane happened and then... THEN they make an announcement that the airport in Stockholm is closed due to snow and that we don't have clearance to land so we have to wait for clearance.. which could take 90mins. They started serving drinks to clam everyone, Pinko had taken her drugs so was completely out of it. They got a few rows into serving and got the all clear so quickly shut up shop and got with the usual start up of the journey.. you know, the instructional shizz. We were in the air and on our way, but it also meant we had to be very swift when leaving to be able to catch the last bus out of the airport. Once we landed, I took our carry on, Emma took Pinko's and off we hurried, Drugged Pinko, Stressed Emma and Hobbling Jo.. hobbled? you ask? Well yes hobbled, coz as it turned out my boots weren't so water tight any more, and by day 2 in Berlin I was blistered to shyte. Yes it was painful but when has that stopped me from being touristy? lol Coz I walked so funny and stiffly by the time I got to the bus, I felt like my calf was going to burst or something so I was happy to have the bus to kick back and relax on. We got off the bus, caught the train and then walked up a mass of snowy steps and along a snowy walkway to the hotel where we just made it on time to check in, the lady was locking the door as Emma poked her head in! Talk about close calls! Up to bed we went, for a pretty low key day I was zonked.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that the cab driver finished our icy trip with 58 sneezes and smudged the wind-shield from the inside early on so that he had to crouch down under smudgy area to see the road. It felt so safe o_O

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)