Monday 1 June 2009

It sure is a long one!

A new month has begun.. 6 months in and only 6 months to go.. but let me wrap my last few days.. a fun filled few days at that.

The week started with Emma and I helping a couple of friends move.. but it felt more like we were standing around scratching heads more than moving. We did that Tuesday & Wednesday, on Wednesday we took around a Lemon Cake to enjoy after a hard few hours of... head scratching! It was fab.. of course it was coz I made it.. didn't look as it usually does but it tasted wonderful.. as it usually does! Emma was made happy and that is what matters.

Thursday we made some really De-Lish Dooley's Chocolates.. however I don't have a single photo of the finished product.. clever I know.. so you will just have to drool over a pic from the previous time we made them. (Christmas Goodies!) However this time we pushed the 'nipples' in and then after it was all set we put some white choclates in the 'ponds'. Tasty Tasty!

Friday night we called in to see how the moving in was going and Emma stayed to help put things away while Nemo and I took off for a walk.. where we saw a couple of interesting things..
First being.. a drug deal going down.. seriously if you are gonna do it.. don't make it SO obvious! & screaching off in the car only draws attention to you!
Second being.. a policeman on a motorbike nearly running down 2 little girls and their dad coz he was driving like a moron on a narrow windy footpath.. it really makes you wonder huh?

Saturday we were up early, took Nemo for a nice long walk coz we were going to be away from him all day and then we headed off to Malmö.. it was meant to be a great day filled with sunshine and happiness! Not long into the train journey doom struck! we were told we were going to have to take a detour coz of a freight train mishap.. which is fair enough at least we would still be on the train and moving towards where we needed to go. THEN the next annoucement came and said that there would be about an hour delay and that we were to get off the train and wait for the ordered but not confirmed buses. I'm a little wtf now. THEN the next annoucement is that everyone is to get off and still wait for the unconfirmed buses but there would be at least a couple of hours delay.. seriously get your shit together! Is it really that hard to confirm a bus? So we get off the train and head to the bus area where they have no buses.. no customer service.. no nothing.. with lots of mindless dawdling and me getting shittier and shittier by the minute we then see the train people head off in ordered taxi's while we are still busless.. WTF? Does that make me any happier.. no-sir-e-bob! The weather is a little gloomy and cold.. which totally fits my mood and then as we are sitting there just waiting for something to happen.. we see a train go in the direction that we want to go in! oh come on! So we head back to the train station and find that they are saying nothing about delays on upcoming trains so we decide to wait for the next train to Malmö and just as we reach the platform.. we look over and what do you think we saw? The freaken bus we had been waiting for! Knowing we wouldn't make it back over there before it left we just stayed put and waited to take our chances with the train.. it came and it was packed as! but there was a mega cute baby on there so it made the trip a little more enjoyable. We arrive in Malmö a little over an hour after we should have arrived. Thank you shitty public service people for yet another free card.. I travelled on a free card to get one in return.. when was the last time I actually had to pay for public transport? Emma pays for it every month to go to and from work and I see to travel free on all the free cards that she gets from the trains being late.. doesn't that tell you everything? lol

Now I'm moody and really just want to go home but I try to snap out of it and make the most of my Malmö day.. first stop is the new shopping centre that is meant to be huge and awesome.. its not so huge and awesome.. then we wander around, buying the odd thing here and there.. nothing really to write home about and time flies on by and its time to head to the newly opened Friday's for lunch.. I have been looking forward to this for a while. We go in, we get seated, we get told who our server will be and we sit back and wait.. then some very quietly spoken boy comes and becomes our server.. he was not the one we were told.. but he spoke to us in english.. I guess assuming that both Emma and I were english.. who knows but he was nice, quietly spoken and seemed to have a few issues with his little handheld ordertaker. Drinks come.. yum! Burgers come.. yum! Emma enjoys another drink.. I help her.. yum! The cheque comes.. yuck! and all this happens with multiple servers giving us a combination of english and swedish and not a single server was the one we were told we were getting.. weird service all around. Not a place we will go often as I don't think Friday's is meant to be expensive and paying $100 for 2 burgers & 3 fancy girly, can't taste any booze drinks is a little on the splurgy side.. so only when we really need that Friday's fix! Maybe pop in for a mudslide here and there aye Emma?

After the feast we looked around some more before heading home.. it was hard to keep my eyes open on the train but it was hard to sleep a little with the person sitting across from listening to really crappy music really freaken loud.. in his earphones! I could hear it clear as freaken day!

Oh and by this stage the weather is beautiful! Sunshine and a little happiness! Finally we arrive home, Nemo is so happy to see us and then we head off to take him out and then its time to pack the gear up to head off to the parentals to spend the night in the tent.. our first ever sleep over in the tent.. and we do it with the comfort of having a loo near by! haha It wasn't too bad, Nemo was a good boy and didn't bark at all.. I fought with my sleeping bag all night.. I don't like being restricted so I either better get used to it or pray that its warm enough to sleep with it open like a normal blankey! I am sure I will work something out.. prolly when we are hiking I will be too fucked to care one way or another..

Sunday morning up nice and early.. cooked breaky on the camping stove, made a nice cuppa tea.. it was actually pretty fun and its made me really look forward to being in the great outdoors.. however I am still worried about the pooping in the bushes! but we have a little spade! hahaha

Sunday was the dad's birthday/mother's day foodage where we got to enjoy the De-Lish Dooley's Chocolates.. along with Sandwich Cake and Tiramisu. I also enjoyed a sleep on the couch inbetween.. with all the sunshine it was just too much for little ole Jo.. or maybe it was the beer? We get home bellies full and totally tired, veg out on the couch for a bit before heading to beddies.. ahh yet another weekend and now.... month complete!

To celebrate the start of a new month, I received my passport! YaY! except they enlarged my photo so my head looks even more giant! I have a big head to start with but my passport photo makes it look even bigger.. how nice! and really don't get me started on why you needed to send them 2 passport photos when they do a digital print into the passport.. I always thought it was one copy for the records and one for the passport.. now they need 2 for the records? Is that what the high cost is for.. storage for all the extra photos? haha but at least its here and I don't have to think about it for another 5 years.. or maybe longer if I just get Swedish passports after getting Swedish citizenship.. it would be the cheaper option that is for sure! $85 compared to the hefty $185 for the NZ passport + postage back. I'm still in shock that it costs that much for a passport that only lasts 5 years.. but you still get the full fourty-eight pages!

No feather friends have attacked me lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)