Saturday 5 June 2010

Party!

So it seems with the sunshine, comes parties in the park.
With parties in the park, comes glass bottles.
With glass bottles comes, smashed glass bottles.
With smashed glass bottles comes, less places to walk Nemo.

Yesterday come lunch time.. several parties had started up in the park. Basic parties.. one could say it was just several large picnics where the only thing on the menu was booze & lightly salted music. By the mid afternoon there were more small booze picnics starting up, but I even saw one family having a good time playing a very Swedish game, which for the life of me I can't recall the name of.. but it involves wood. You really can't blame them for having a good time.. it's not like we get loads and loads of lovely days.. gotta make the most of it. However I do wish that they could clean up after themselves.. instead of smashing bottles and leaving their trash everywhere which then gets blown around by the wind to more places.. that is the only real peeve that I have.

Come the early evening.. the small booze picnics had turn into loud kids battling each other with their music.. it was at that moment that I wished there was a speaker system that controlled all the music and so everyone just had to listen to that so it didn't all just sound like a jumbled drunken mess.. which is what it also looked like.

Come the late evening.. as I walked past the park.. not even daring to go in as all you could hear was total blotto-ness and as I looked down the park all I could see was loads of fist-pumping.. I'm just glad it wasn't outside my window.

On a side note.. the duckies are growing nicely and are as cute as ever.

5 comments:

  1. People are eejits! Enjoy the warmth - I heard on the weather tonight that it'll be 13(max) on Wednesday...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never trust weather forecasts.. coz really.. are they ever right? lol

    O no no..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh & how is the scrabbling going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but anything below 15 means it's *really* Winter....and that saddens me.
    Scrabbling = on hold for the weekend...
    Let me know when you're up for another game.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)