Monday 28 June 2010

Midsummer!

Friday was midsummer.. which meant that I finally got to enjoy the strawberries I have been longing for. Emma's mum dropped off 2 punnets, Emma picked up 2 punnets from Maxi and then 2 punnets from town.. you see it is good to have a good variety. After a little taste testing we decided to go and grab another 2 punnets from town.. they were by far the tastiest. What did we do with all these strawberries.. I had strawberries & cream for breakfast! Ahhh bliss! Some got smashed and frozen for pancakes later down the track, more were smashed and enjoyed with pancakes on Sunday, some more were used to make one of the easiest and most tasty strawberry ice creams around, many were used for the strawberry cakes (one cake with just strawberries & cream and the other cake with an additional layer of vanilla custard) and some were eaten just as they were.. afterall that is how strawberries should be eaten.

We had to wait all day before we could head around to the parentals for the feastage.. longest day ever! Especially when the cakes were here and all I wanted to do was cut into them and gobble! Eventually it was time and we were off and the feastage begun with good foodage and beerage.. cider for Em. After many many hours and a sickly feeling later, we made our way home and there is nothing better than the slow walk home with a big belly full of foodage.. even if Emma wanted to stop a zillion times to take photo's using her new app.. which turns out I can't use unless I upgrade to 'newer' firmware.. but the app works betterer with the firmware just one step up from mine.. not 2 steps which is the iOS4 *rolls eyes* so if I did upgrade it would suck too so I will just have to steal Em's phone here and there.. or not.. prolly the or not. It does take some really funk photos tho.

Saturday was a day of recovering.. which also involved walking around to the parentals for some leftovers.. we opted to take Nemo, which then required me to sit out the front with him.. in the cold shade.. I got a blanket to keep me warm or was it to keep me occupied? Emma kindly pointed out it looks like I'm trying to work out how to get out of the blanket. I think I look great in orange!
Sunday was a pretty relaxed day.. headed off to the park for a picnic lunch and lay down on the grass.. which resulted in Emma getting annoyed at me coz I couldn't stay still.. I'm not so good at the staying still part when I'm not exactly comfortable and there are low flying birds. Birds do not like me. Plus I am easily bored. Nemo also cried and stuff coz we were outside doing nothing.. he likes to be doing stuff and it isn't like we can trust him to be off the leash so tied to Emma's foot he was... but at least he had a little roll as soon as we arrived and I played a little with him.. that is always fun.

The weekend weather was really beautiful.. it looks like summer has finally arrived, today is yet another beautiful day and the forecast is for even more.. I hope it stays this way for a good few weeks.. that would just be pure bliss and then I could enjoy even more strawberries!

EDIT: I forgot this but Emma being the delight that she is kindly reminded me how she nearly ruined the feastage!! Yes that's right peeps.. Emma nearly ruined it all and I am guessing you are wondering how.. well it went a little something like this... She was placing the tray back on the table after allowing her mum to get a slice.. and lost her grip of it and it went crashing into the table.. luckily it wasn't a bad crash and that that really happened was the cakes shifted spots.. it really was quite luckily and quite funny all rolled into one tidy little package.. which is much betterer than a messy package. I am still quite impressed that she didn't completely ruin the cakes tho.. but I guess we just did a super job at making them 'stable'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)