Tuesday 31 December 2013

& That's The End.

With the end of the year fast approaching.. less than 12 hours to go as I write this! I can't help but wonder where on earth the year went. It hasn't been a great year so it can't be that it just flew from the fun! I guess time also flies when you're having not so much fun. We had a few rough spots over the year in a few areas in our life but we have come out on top, as we do. The loss of Nemo hit us hard, me extremely hard as he was my rock who kept me a little bit more sane while in my home walls. I still miss him a lot and I think I always will, he was my beautiful baby boy. I tried to make things easier for Emma by wagging my entire ass and jumping at her when she walked in the door after a hard days work.. but apparently it is just not the same. Go figure.

The year wasn't all bad, we took off to Boston in May and I learnt all about the greatness of double tacos! I got a little extra ink.. which I thought would stop me craving more for a while. It did not and I am itching to get more all the damn time. We discovered the most awesome beer bar in Copenhagen, which means I get to try new and exciting beers each and every time we make our way over there.. which happens more now that we know about said bar! Even Emma breaks out her beer palette! We booked an Easter trip to Berlin, which I am wicked excited about. Flat whites, sausages, beer and kiwi birds! Yes, that is right! I am going to see a kiwi bird at the zoo in Berlin! Bring on Easter.

Christmas was a very happy festive month for me, I totally busted out all the Christmas spirit I had and then some! So much so that even up until last night I had glitter on my face that was cracking Emma up every time it caught her eye.. either that or she just thinks I'm funny looking.. which I am.. I mean.. this face..

I think Christmas is even better when I bust shit out! That reminds me, I need to buy a new Christmas sweater for Emma to wear next Christmas! And for old memories sake, here she is busting out the elf jumper and dancing with a pumpkin for a head! [YouTube clip]
 
Now while there has been no snow so far this winter.. oh wait.. yes there was a slight falling of the white stuff for a few hours and then poof! with some rain is disappeared! If you compare last December to now, it is madness! At the beginning of December we were able to have some snow fun.. [Fun in the Snow entry] whereas, today is a lovely, sun shining, blue skied last day of the year, here are a couple of photos that Emma took while out for a walk.. [instagram photo] & [instagram photo]

With this post I bid farewell to a roller coaster year, and hope for a more steady train ride of the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)