Monday 13 January 2014

& So It Begins!

It is a new year, this year has a 4 in it and 4 is a good number so.. this year has to be a good year, right? We shall see. So far tho, it has been a little testy... weather wise, it is crazy 'warm'. Actually today is the first day of our winter so far that we have gotten to like -5.. which in all honesty didn't last long at all.. just long enough for Emma to have to head out in it in the morning on her way to work. The weather gods seem to have forgotten that it is meant to be winter. Here anyways. A friend of mine in Canada seems to have taken all the seriously cold and heavy snow fall for us.. as well as the falls. She is nursing a buttocks injury currently. Now that is a good friend! Right?! haha

We packed away Christmas on the weekend just gone. The Christmas break was a pretty decent one if I do say so myself. The worst thing to have come out of it is the neighbours on our bedroom wall got a new TV for their bedroom and they seem to watch some strange sounding stuff at odd hours. So really, that being the worst thing is pretty good going.. especially when you consider last year and the HGFH.

I destroyed the very awesome gingerbread house today and only wished that we had a wrecking ball so that I could have the epic snowman ride it as it demolishes the house! Miley, eat your heart out! Could have had a competition of.. 'Who wears it best?!' I dare say the epic snowman would have coz he was.. epic! 

All the goodies have been consumed.. not just by us of course. We grabbed the last of the gingerbread yesterday as we battled the wind to get home! Seriously crazy winds yesterday. We have just one bottle.. one lonely bottle of my beloved Julmust. I do have a hinkering for a little more of these..
But, Christmas will be upon us again soon enough.. it seems to come faster and faster each year. So yeah, I can have more then and in the meantime I shall fill my tummy with some more macarons from Paris, which shall arrive on Thursday to celebrate my second year as an official Swede. Yay me! I'm getting older! haha And I shall fill my time with hopefully some fun things.. like going to Berlin for Easter! Easter can't come soon enough! It will be coming up to a year (when we go to Berlin) since we have been on a trip.. seems far too long if you ask me! Trips = stories and stories = hilarity! Or well, sometimes not so much hilarity.. especially seeing as I can't get Gregory out of his 'library'.. Especially with his friend always there.

Oh and Emma was game enough to give the far too salty kettle corn seasoning a go again and the verdict... still too salty, even with a larger batch made. The popcorn seasoning people sure did drop the ball on that one! O wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)