Friday 17 January 2014

It's That Time Again!

Yep, it's that time again! What time you ask? The time for macarons to celebrate my 2nd swedishbirthday! I have been a citizen of Sweden for 2 years now.. a resident for... 8? I will be heading into my 9th year here in March.. by golly how time flies!

I nearly didn't get macarons this year, they decided that they weren't going to release the 12 pack of the year's Jardins so I thought screw it, I will do something else instead. I was also a little peeved at the customer service about it but that is a whole different topic. Anyways, Emma convinced me I still should and that I should just pick a couple of them to try, so I agreed and picked two 7 packs of the different Jardins, I didn't overly want to have 7 of one flavour.. of any flavour really.. but I had to make do. So I picked only one from the previous year, which was.. in all reality the only one that was there that really appealed to have more than one of.. 
Jardin Japonais - Morello cherry, lemon and tonka bean.
Sadly, another disappointment happened in the macaron buy when I received a phone call from them to ask if I could pick another as they were now "sold out" of the one that I picked. I opted to just have the money reimbursed as, like I said before, I really didn't find any of the others enticing enough to have 7 of. Bummer really.

The rest was sent off, and then DHL turned something so simple as delivering my macarons into some kind of too much communication nightmare, but again.. that's a whole different topic.

Anyways, let's get down to business.. I present to you the macarons that were tasted tonight!

From the 2014 Les Jardins collection, I have this month's one which was...
Jardin du Liban - Lemon and Cedar.
You really can't go wrong with lemon with me, unless you go the toilet cleaner route and I am glad to say it was not like eating some toilet cleaner.. it was more like eating a delicious sweet, but tarty, yet earthy lemon. The texture was a little off tho, I am not sure why but it seems the 7 packs of the Jardins collection always seem to be a little soft/soggy.

We moved onto the 12 pack, which had 5 flavours.

First up we went with Infiniment Chocolat Pérou - Pure Origin Peru Dark Chocolate.
It was chocolatey, the texture was more right. We actually found that this is one of the better chocolate ones that we have tried. I think this one actually looked like it had bad teeth.. don't you agree?

Move over chocolate and head to the soap! There always has to be a soapy macaron included. The French and their love of soapy... goodness. 
Infiniment Rose - Rose and Rose Petal.
I took a bite of this one and was like, ummm ok! It's not soapy.. chew chew chew and then pow! Soap! Not a bad soapy, but still soapy. I will say that even tho they include these soapy ones, I don't overly mind them. I wouldn't purposely pick it if it wasn't included in the pack but I am happy to gobble them down on the occasion.

To wash out the soap, there was nothing better than to jump head.. errr mouth first into Infiniment Praliné Noisette - Hazelnut Praliné & Praliné Crisp. 
Now we all know that hazelnut isn't a top pick flavour of mine and this macaron is ALL hazelnut. If you like hazelnut then you will like this. It was a little too hazelnutty for little ole me but it was nice and Emma was in heaven. She compared it to a slightly sweeter version of the tub [link] we got last time. Emma gets to enjoy the one left over all by herself... she's good at taking one for the team.

What's next? Infiniment Vanille... no not Milli Vanilli! How's that for some memories.. perhaps showing one's age now, right? Anyways, back to the Infiniment Vanille - Vanillas from Tahiti, Mexico and Madagascar. 
Unlike Milli Vanilli, this flavour was all real! 3 types of vanilla packs a delicious vanilla punch! There was no lip syncing here as my lips smacked together and the macaron rolled helplessly around my mouth. Just delicious. thatisall.

And lastly, the reason why we picked this particular box set! 
I give you... Agapé - Lemon and Gingerbread.
This macaron did not disappoint at all. Once again the lemon was perfect and it was a great balance to the punchy gingerbread, I could eat this one all day and night and then all over again.. altho, I think my tummy would have a different idea.

So there we have it, the 6 macarons that I got to try tonight. It was well worth it, even if I didn't get to try the cherry one that I was so looking forward to. I am pretty darn spoilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)