Tuesday 31 December 2013

8 Shades of Popcorn!

A way to my heart is through my stomach and Hank in Boston knows that all too well when she supplied me with popcorn seasoning to try! Much better than bugs, as fun as the bugs were.. popcorn is betterer and Emma can join in the tasting fun. She is a little more select about what goes into that gob of hers.

There were 8 flavours, some good, some bad, some great!
Dell Cove Spice Company - etsy

Sour Cream & Onion - a very typical flavour, you can't really say much one way or another.
It was eatable.

Ketchup - now this flavour I expected to be.. how does one say.. yuck.
I am not a huge fan of ketchup at the best of times but I was quite excited to give this a whirl.
It was yum! So yum in fact, that it was up at the top of my list!

Beer - another one I was excited for. I had trouble imagining just what it would taste like..
especially with all the different types of beer out there in the world.
A basic beer, quite nice. I wonder how it would go while drinking a beer.. 


Cool Ranch - I had trouble imaging this..
wondering how they managed to create a flavour of hipster cowboys!
haha, ok.. I didn't wonder that but I don't think I have ever had ranch dressing but it was nice,
I may even have it on a salad.. you have ranch dressing on a salad, right?

Key Lime Pie - this one! oh yes, this one. I looked forward to this one.
Lime and me just go together. This was my top pick. The tangy sweetness was just perfect.

Pumpkin Pie - now you just know that this screams Jo! It was delicious!
Jo = lover of pumpkin!
Actually, Jo = lover of most things.. not worms tho.

Kettle Corn - I was introduced to this flavour by Hank, several years ago when she took me to a ball game. That stuff was deliciousness! So much so that Emma and I found out how to make it at home and so we made it. Often. As you can imagine, I was excited to try this seasoning as a much easier way to replicate making it. Sadly, this shit was a bust. It was by far the worst. Far too salty, maybe it was just too hard to get the right balance when you aren't dumping the whole lot into a big bowl of popped corn. I don't know. I am not willing to try it again.
Such a shame, luckily I make it myself good enough.

Rich Chocolate Caramel - I can't say that I have ever tried chocolate and popcorn but this makes me want to keep it around, however I couldn't imagine just eating a big bowl of this one. It is like the little break in-between eating other flavours for a little rich sweet hit.

My list from favourite to not..
1. Key lime pie
2. Ketchup
3. Pumpkin pie
4. Cool ranch
5. Beer
6. Chocolate
7. Sour cream and onion
8. Kettle corn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)