Monday 9 December 2013

Julbord!

Sunday was the 2nd of advent! [photo] Our morning started off all pretty like with this view from the kitchen window.. [photo] and this in our bellehs.. [photo]. So, it was only fitting that we headed off to IKEA for a little Christmassy goodness.. [photo]. I got to experience my first julbord away from the family home. I much prefer the homemade goodness that Emma's mum puts on, but then I am a sucker for home cooking. The IKEA julbord was pretty good tho, I can't complain and I got to try some meaty ball thing coated in a potato type shell, it was kinda dumpling like. We all know how I like to try new things and now I am wondering why they aren't on the home julbord! In reality,  they don't need to be as there is plenty of other things to over indulge in!

What is julbord? Jul = Christmas. Bord = table. Christmas table! Where you place all the foody goodness that you will dine on for Christmas. Cold and warm dishes. Much deliciousness!

We partook in our first bottle of julmust too.. the first of the Christmas season and the first fizzy drink in 2 months! It was pure sweet heavenly goodness! I do loves me some julmust! We have a crate of it for the Christmas period, that has been sitting there taunting me for the last few weeks!
We tried a really delicious sauce, which was a apple and lingonberry glögg made into a sauce that was so damn good that we just had to buy a bottle of the drink to turn into the sauce for Ris à la Malta. Yums!

We had worked up an appetite by walking around the store for a few hours and then we did a little more shopping after the feastage. We picked up things we needed, things we didn't and got to enjoy Emma's mum and her friend be all loony! We could just imaging what they were like as youngens! It was a long but rather fun day. We even picked up a couple more Christmassy things, serviettes and a couple of glasses for drinking cold drinks! All we need is some Christmassy cutlery and we will be all set! Hahaha

Before we left, Emma helped me to decide to not wear my winter boots. As we were driving off, it started to snow lightly. As we arrived, it started to get heavier. As we looked out the windows while shopping, it had gotten much heavier. As we left the main store, it was pure whiteness. As I stood there in the snow with my sneakers on, I heard Emma say in my head.. "you don't need your winter boots." 
Clearly, the weather gods wanted to teach me a lesson.

After the IKEA, we headed over to an outlet store where Em purchased some cookie cutters [photo], Moomin & Lilla My. So it looks like we wont cheat the gingerbread by buying it all done but will actually bake some up. More than likely, with some purchased dough.. still cheating but not fully! We make so much over Christmas that a little cheating is totally allowed.

With all our goodies packed away, we bundled into the car as the snow turned to little hard balls and then hardcore rain! It made for a very slow drive home. Rather slow than unsafe! It was getting quite dark as we arrived home, yep.. winter is here. Darkness after 3pm is all the rage, says winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)