Wednesday 1 August 2012

Worn Out!

After wandering around the market more and more and not finding the tea and scone van, a little disheartened we headed to Starbucks for some free wifi, fraps and most importantly.. a seat! Emma checked on the internet to see if the location had changed from where it usually is.. and sure e-bloody-nough, it had! Coz of the damn Olympics, it was now situated closer to somewhere relevant to the Olympics. Poop! We enjoyed our cold icy goodness before setting off again.. we made our way to the kiwi store, we had swung past it on the first day but it was closed.. this time it was open! Yes! I snagged myself a packet of gingernuts, the last on the shelf at that time! I would have liked to have snagged a couple of packets.. but beggars can't be choosers! Right? Also to bring home, we grabbed a packet of twisties and a couple of bags of original fried noodles to make a couple of batches of chocolatey, peanut buttery, crunchy goodness which looks like this! [click for nomness]. To have on the spot, we grabbed this! O Solo, how we have missed you!


After all that we made our way back to the hotel, not before spotting this awesome bit of funny!
And discovering that Emma's newish Toms shoes were getting a little worn out from all the walking! We did some serious walking, the last few days in London.. and to think.. there will be more to come in Stockholm, tomorrow!

It was time to head off to the airport to catch our flight.. so we made our way by tube this time, we were in no rush and it was pretty easy going even though it took an hour. I had to stand for a bit and then a seat became available so I snagged it.. just as a douche wanted to put his bag on it.. which he then proceeded to huff and puff and pretend he wanted to blow down this little piggy! After a little while, a couple of seats became available on the other side of me, so he stormed up, threw his bag in one seat next to me and then slumped down in the other.. all agitated and huffy! It was a total crack up! Some people are just whackjobs! If you want your bag to have its own seat, then buy it a ticket you mental!

Once again, Emma and I had a little trouble with the getting home part.. this time however, the gate wouldn't retract from the plane.. the repeated "it will be just a few minutes" really started to get on my nerves after about a while! I don't actually know how late we were coz my phone was off. It felt like an hour, but I suspect it was just under that. Eventually we were off and it was smooth sailing.. err flying! We landed and surprise surprise we now had issues getting the gate to attach to the plane. It didn't take as long to figure out this time around and then we were off! We scooted out to catch the train.. which was only the start of our troubles. Emma had to jump off in Malmö to get a ticket from there to home, as we only had only gotten the ticket from Copenhagen to there, and we had a summer card for one of us to continue on, she didn't quite make it back onto the train before it left, and was then stuck on a train that stopped at every station, as well as running late coz of some kind of issue. My train was also late for the same reason. I had the joy of a lady who put make up on like she was the Joker, and another who was breastfeeding.. I'm not against breastfeeding, but I don't want to see your boob. The most annoying part however were the young girls who sung one line of the same song.. over and over and over and OVER. 

I arrived home, expecting to have a happy Nemo.. happy to see me. Instead, he slept.. slept a  little more and then when he finally woke up, he looked at me and ran around looking for Emma. O the love that dog has for me. When he couldn't find her, he was all like.. ok I'll come say hello and sat at my feet for pats before going to bed until Emma arrived home.. and THEN the little turd was happy.

We packed and got organised for our early train the following day and finally slid into bed around 12:30am. What a trip! Maybe in a few years, I might just make my way back to London.. although, I am not sure if I want the sneezes and black stuff up my nose again. I sneezed more in that place the first day there than I have all bloody year.

Oh.. I nearly forgot.. We also picked up some shortbread.. in the coolest tin ever! from Marks & Spencer and at the airport, a little miniature Wenlock statue! Wooooop!

1 comment:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)