Thursday 2 August 2012

Cock-a-doodle-do!

Our final morning! We lounged around in the hotel room until it was check out time. Had breakfast and watched tv, snoozed a little.. just really chilled out. Check out time arrived, we left our luggage at 'reception' and then headed off on our merry way for a little last look around the joint. It wasn't long before we found something rather unexpected.. they played music as they marched to the Royal Palace
We followed them for a little bit, there was one guy biking along behind them. I especially love the mother and daughter camped out in the back of their car just watching as they passed. So laid back. So awesome.
I think this has to be my favourite statue that I saw there..

We wandered around for a couple of hours, down by the boats and even saw an old torpedo factory! Ace!

Then grabbed some sushi again before grabbing our luggage and heading off to the train station where we people watched while having a maccas milkshake.. even Nemo got to have some strawberry milkshake goodness! Spoilt!
& that concludes our time in Stockholm.

The train ride home wasn't as easy as the one there.. given I didn't get to sleep the first 2 hours. I got maybe 20mins sleep and the rest of the time I was awake listening to the sounds of very awake passengers. Screaming kids and the like. Emma started watching some Olympics on her phone, it was all rather amusing! Run you little ants! Run!

It was another beautiful day while we were in Stockholm and by the time we arrived in Hässleholm it was dark, grey, rainy, miserable. Welcome home. It was good to be home though, I had missed my own bed and my own pillow.. oh yes my glorious pillow. If it wasn't so large I would totally take it on holiday, but its memory foam so it is not very compact. That is something that surprises me about just about every hotel I have ever been in.. they have those stupid pillows that give no support.. soft they might be, but worthless they really are. 

So that concludes my week away, London and Stockholm was a complete success! I really enjoyed everything.. even the blisters and puking! hahaha I guess you are wondering why Nemo hasn't been featured much in the Stockholm entries.. well that would be because I am going to do his own special one! He is a special boy so he deserves a special entry.. just like EuroDuck. I will say this though, he was like a rockstar! Everyone wanted to pat him and if they didn't have the balls to come up and ask, then they just stared like he was Bon Jovi from back in the day.. you know with the boofy hair.

All the entries in one place..
 London - Day 1
 London - Day 2
 London - Day 3
 London Bonus
 Stockholm - Day 1
 Stockholm - Day 2
 Stockholm - Day 3
You're looking at it!
 Stockholm Bonus

Extra instagram photos.. [London link] and [Stockholm link]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)