Wednesday 1 August 2012

Hey Lady!

We got a little bit more of a sleep in today.. a very well needed sleep in, we set off on our last tour at around 8:30am and headed off for our destination of Camden Market. You see, there was apparently a little tea and scones van, like those espresso vans you get everywhere that would frequent the market on a Wednesday morning and Emma really wanted to partake in the novelty! Along the way of course, we were swinging by Baker St! It was going to be a very long, slow walk but we didn't have to rush anywhere. 
It was yet another beautiful sunny day in London.. the weather gods were definitely on our side and pulled all the punches to make sure we had no rain and beautiful days.. but they could of just turned down the heat a touch.. our skin wasn't used to such things! Emma took the prize for silly burn this trip, with a bag strap across her chest, and the toms-tan on her foots! My reign as champ of silly burn has ended.. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.. however I do know that the best silly burn ever, and most remembered would have to be GoggleFace! Oh Boston, how I miss thee! 

We made it to Baker St, took a few snaps like the good tourists we are and then continued on our merry way.. no skipping though.. my blistered tootsie rolls were not up for such shenanigans.
 


This was a very common sight all around London, and I can't help but think it was more a normal thing than them just preparing for the Olympics, as there was lots of stuff that clearly wouldn't be ready for it. As much as like I to see development.. I can't help but think that it ruins the look of a city if at every turn you see things like this..



Anyways, we continued on.. we had scones to eat! We made it to the park.. I mean, another park and wandered through. London has some nice parks.. and they are the perfect break from the city sounds. There were lots of feathered friends.. and we all know how I love feathered friends! 
How crazy looking is the short stumpy feathered friend?! I want! lol

We had to go over and under stuff, I'd compare it to hiking... but that would totally be a big fat lie! Not a skinny one.. but a big fat one! Finally we made it to Camden Market, around 10:30ish and went on the hunt for the tea and scone van! At one point, Emma left me to hunt alone so that my blistered buddies could rest a little and I parked myself outside this stall. 
Big Mistake.. I had to listen to the girls say "Hey lady. Try!" & hold out a fork at everyone who walked by.. and also repeatedly at me.. even though I had already said no, more than once. I didn't see a single person try their food.. mind you it was pretty early and not really lunchtime and greasy Asian food should really get eaten at lunch at the earliest.. unless you are hungover to all buggery I guess.
Here are a few snaps of Camden Market...

And here is the best snap.. my head in the nose of a horse head statue!
You're welcome!

1 comment:

  1. That is a scary big horse head!You're a fairly big booger too! haha

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)