Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hovdala Castle.

On Saturday, the parentals bundled us up and took us to Hovdala Castle for lunch. (I just have to give the link to the wiki page for Hovdala Castle, coz it was too funny with how much info it had. [link])

They have a lovely buffet there, a pretty good selection of food, not a large array of meats and with loads of different salads, some hits, some misses but there is definitely something for everyone. I didn't eat all that much, once I had the potato salad that looked like it didn't have much dill in it but was in fact strong tasting of dill.. for me at least, I wasn't really able to stomach too much more. It just took me back to the Thursday night in Stockholm. Dill is just as strong coming up as it is going down. All in all it was a lovely lunch and I would be happy to go there again, especially with a better behaved stomach and appetite.

After lunch we headed upstairs to check out the little exhibition they had going of old school.. like old school old school porcelain and stuffs like that. A couple of things peaked my interest, at first I thought my swedish was really bad, but it did in fact say that the hard thing was a pillow. Still don't actually know what it would be a pillow for coz the angle would not be good for objects.. and you would think that the hard factor would not be good for heads and necks but it was on the right angle for such things. Another thing that got me was the peacock knife holder.. I would totally rock that in my kitchen! LOL
Now I am left wondering why on earth I didn't take any photos of these things? I guess the knob in me totally won.

We headed outside and came across a horse and carriage! But this one had something special, a bubba horse tied up close to its mumma! Adorable! The bubba horse was so fluffy and made me feel like it was from the 80's! I just wanted to snuggle.. but alas, there was no touching!

We continued onto the garden for a nosy about. Emma took photos of little creatures on plants. [instagram photo] She also took this stunning photo! [instagram photo] Emma's brother, who was also there ate some of the produce. Boys aye? Emma's dad was a good little tour guide. I swear he should do that now he is retired.

As we made our way to the garden we actually stumbled across a bunch of people doing a dig for old stuffs! Awesome! I do enjoy that kind of thing.. but the closest I have ever gotten to even doing anything like it was playing in a sandpit. Also, watching it on tv.

We moved on towards the tower, and while we were inside one section a guy with big ears and top hat poked his head in, said something and then went back out.. it all happened so fast and then he proceeded to read from his big book to the small crowd that was around. I am n ot overly sure what it was all about but it was definitely amusing and ace. I mean don't you wish you had seen this for yourself?

It was time to leave and off we toddled, towards the car there was a nice big paddock with a bunch of sheep. Yes, me being the kiwi I am, stopped and snapped a few pics.. this sheep however, cracked me up the most. Best face ever! Love it!

It was a lovely afternoon out with family, the weather was nice. You really couldn't fault anything... apart of the dill. Sometimes a nice afternoon at a castle for lunch, with a stroll around the grounds is just what the doctor ordered.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Go to a costume store and see if they have one?

      Delete
  2. Emma the Helpful8 August 2012 at 08:16

    Pffft @ Wikipedia entry. For those of you who want to learn a bit more, I give you:
    http://www.hassleholm.se/35669

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that my darling, is why I keep you on!

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)