Monday 5 December 2011

New York!

Woke up early on the Saturday morning and set off to find the Doughnut Plant.. which of course was still closed when we arrived.. our good luck continues! lol Nevermind, coz we were in fact up early the following day so we were able to head there and grab this awesome selection of goodness...
Part one annnnnnnnnd Part two!

We killed time by seeing nothing as we wandered the streets.. sometimes it is really hard to navigate streets with closed eyes!
These 4 particular photos were actually taken the night before..
 
This is no effect.. the building really was that curved!
But we headed to Dunkin for a little donut action before having to meet Hanky Hanna & Billy-Goat at the train station..

Once they arrived.. it was just a quick trip back to the hotel to drop off their stuffs before setting off to Brooklyn for a market.. which as it turned out was a food market and we purchased these little bite-sized cupcakes.. now I do loves me a cupcake! 
What was in the box? Apple Crumble, Pumpkin, Chocolate & Red Velvet! and what is about to go in my gob? The rather yummy Bacon Maple!

Before we left that area to hit the shops.. Hank just had to get into some photo action of Emma's. Which was something that Hank did on our very first trip to NY together.. we had dozens of photos where she would pop in like a squirrel! OMG so many squirrels in NY! It was so much fun!

Next stop... brunch! Where Emma and I had our first cocktails of the day.. yes thats right.. before midday and we were already drinking! Which is totally acceptable when you are on holiday right? Well I don't care if you don't agree! It was awesome.. we enjoyed our food and then it was time to kill a few hours before heading to the a place that I was very very excited about going to! Make that TWO places I was excited to go to!
We saw this street art along the way..
I thought it was pretty darn cool..
so I am sharing it with you..
coz I'm nice like that!

Ok.. so we managed to kill lots of hours.. shopping in the little stores and walking around.. stopping by this cafe which claimed to be Swedish but SO wasn't. I bet I'm more Swedish. Gosh.

OK.. first place I wanted to check out.. The superhero supplies store! Which is where I purchased my cape! [click me to see photos]

After a little more time.. and more walking.. and some subway fun.. we finally made it to The Way Station.. which made me ooo so  happy! Coz who doesn't want to drink in a bar that has a TARDIS! [click me for some photos]

After drinking the entire Doctor Who menu, plus a couple of extras.. we headed off to grab some food.. we were all in very good spirits.. who wouldn't be after cocktail hour(s)! We said our farewells to a rather awesome bartender.. who is a lover of the chocolate Plopp.. so Em has told her that she will send her some.. which she keeps forgetting to do.. silly Em! It will happen eventually!

We found some pub which wasn't far from either of our hotels.. I had a massive feed of bangers and mash.. just what my booze soaked belleh needed! After dinner we said our farewells before retiring for the night! It was time for us all to pass out after a long.. good day!

Morning came far too soon.. and this time Em set off to grab the earlier mentioned donuts! Before meeting up with Hank and Billy-Goat we had managed to get ourselves on a massive sugar high! The place we planned to have brunch was packed as.. and there was a 40ish minute wait for a table.. we opted to just walk a little further down the street and have something else.. seeing as we did have to get to the American Museum of Natural History..

After the museum.. which was rather large and warm, we headed off for a lookylu.. Hank & Billy-Goat wanted to check out a little Swedish place called Fika.. it was much much smaller than I imagined.. I had a hot apple cider, it was rather warming and nice to relax a little on a chair. Then we set off to this other place that sold some oddly things like.. cereal milk! Which of course we tried and I also grabbed some peanut butter thing.. coz lets face it I am a peanut butter freak!

It was then time to make the move.. back to the hotels to grab the luggage before jumping on a train.. where Em and I caught some Zzzz's
Me first.. using Em's jacket as a pillow until she got cold and wanted to wear it..
and then Em.. I think she was trying to hurt her neck.
After the hour or so train ride, it was then car time! Which is where I slept. slept. and slept some more. The gentle lulling of the car sent me right off, until we took a pit stop and got some maccas for dinner.. which I couldn't eat, I managed a few chips and a cheeseburger. We finally made it home.. it was time to sleep more.. and sleep we did and so my turkey journey begun!

Oh and one more thing..
There was this very funny moment where Hank went to throw away her used metro cards in the supplied bin for used metro cards.. only for then to go through the slot and straight back down to the floor coz the ass of the bin wasn't closed! & then she even went to pick them up! I know it says don't litter..  but really! I'm not touching anything that has touched that floor! Hank tried.. the metro bin service failed. thatisall.

You can check out more pics from this trip and other stuffs on my instagrid which you can click on at the bottom of any post of mine. There are also photos on Emma's instrgrid, which you can see by clicking right HERE
You might have to load further back with hers coz she post many more photos than I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)