Friday 9 December 2011

The Final Weekend!

After all the excitement of the turkeys early Friday morning.. I just knew today was going to be a good day! After all how could it not after finally seeing turkeys! Hank & Billy-Goat headed off to work and had left us with the silver bullet again.. Em and I pottered around the house, before heading off.. by foot to the post office to post a couple of packages and get some stamps! I mistakenly wore my new shoes.. by the time we arrived, my feet wanted to die.. but we got our groove on and got things all filled out and posted and off we went to stop by Starbucks for a little coffee and people watching.. we sat with our coffees before we discovered that one of the packages was being sent to French Polynesia instead of Australia! Gah! Plus we had forgotten the stamps so Em headed back to sort that shit out. I stayed at Starbucks and rested my dying foots while people watching. She arrived back with the package sorted.. but again stampless! Doh! Soon it was time to go.. I quickly discovered that the walking wasn't exactly going to work so goodly with my shoes on.. so I simply took them off and walked home in my socks. Now this is the second time I have walked the streets in lamericat.. in mah socks!

After a little more pottering at home, we headed off to the movies to catch a flick.. first however stopping by Target! Picking up a few items.. like Reese's PB cups! Essential! Then it was time to head into the movies.. with a quick detour via the snack bar to grab drink and popcorn.. which cost more than the tickets to the movies! Nuts.. but I am a girl that just has to have popcorn at the movies.. in Australia I'd also enjoy a boysenberry choc top but they didn't have them here.. they did however have pizza and hotdogs. Seriously. We grabbed our stuff and headed into the movie to grab some seats.. and we sat there and was put through 30... yes THREE ZERO! minutes of trailers! Overkill much? The movie begun.. and it was loud! Too loud. Overall it killed the experience for me.. but these things happen.. I guess I am just too sensitive. Despite the loudness I did enjoy The Muppets.. Em enjoyed it so very much that the second we got home she downloaded from iTunes a song.. what song?... THIS song! Which she proceeded to play and sing for much too long. I think you have to listen to it the whole way through at least once.. so go on.. LISTEN!

Friday night was pretty low key and soon enough Saturday arrived.. and this is where I talk about the something I never thought I would do! People.. Hank dragged me along wedding dress... hunting? So much hunting on this trip! 
 
We walked into this wedding dress place and I saw first hand just how ugly some wedding dresses can be! We walked the isles of dresses.. Hank looking at one after the other.. Em and I looking at the odd one.. Hank picked out 3 dresses to go and try on.. and off back to the fitting room we went where we witnessed other soon to be brides trying on their stuff.. out Hank came, one by one trying on the dresses she had picked.. there was one that she rather liked.. the sales assistant lady noted down the number for her and off we toddled.. I was impressed that Hank kept to her word and kept it all in a timely fashion.. I don't even think it took 45mins.. maybe only just if anything! Quite painless really.. all things considered. BUt it kinda turned out to be a waste of time anyways coz the silly sales assistant.. wrote.. down.. the.. wrong.. dress number! Gosh!

Now we were off to Boston to roam the streets and take in some Boston goodness before our trip concluded. Boston really is a lovely place.. I could see myself living quite easily.. if only it was actually easy to get a visa to live there! Alas.. it is not so I shall have to stick to just having holidays there from now until whenever. After roaming the streets, looking in stores.. we went to this place for a bite to eat, where.. lets just say I wasn't exactly happy with the service or anything. The food was quite average.. but it was what it was and then we headed home.. which is where I got to experience another thing I had never tried before... S'mores! Bill-Goat even went and collected real sticks to put the real marshmallows on to stick over the real fire! It was a real s'mores experience!

Sunday morning arrived quickly and off we went to brunch at a new diner that had opened up just a stones throw away.. we walked to the diner and had.. what felt like forever, but was I think around about an hours wait to get a table.. and then when we got a table, we got one where (which seemed to be half the diner) the main door opens and you get this gust of icy cold air. So we had to rug up a little just to have breakfast. The food came.. but the utensils didn't.. its always the little things that suffer when new places open up. The meal was ok, average.. not high on my go back to list that's for sure. Belleh's full we headed home. Last day hang outs are pretty relaxed.. we even managed a little snooze after a big feed of some left over turkey.. I think I ate too much turkey.. but when am I gonna eat roast turkey again? I made the most of it. 

All packed up, we were ready to depart and the time had come so off we went to the airport... with our just on weight luggage!

2 comments:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)