Friday 30 December 2011

Birthday Bubbles!

Ok.. there were no bubbles.. I just needed a B word and bubbles was the chosen word! Now all hail bubbles!

Where do I begin.. the week leading up to my birthday was pretty ordinary and then the morning of my birthday my wonderful gf Emma Bo Bemma decided she would bake me fresh hönökaka.. and it was simply delicious!

The whole process took around 3 hours.. so by the time it was served I was well ready to tuck in! Still warm from the oven, I put a lashing of butter over it.. which melted nicely and then a nice layer of the creamiest cheese ever.. and then topped with a little tomato.. so simple! So delicious! Really OmNomNom worthy!

With our bellehs stuffed with warm bread we pottered about until it was time to get stuck into even more OmNomNom goodness.. 
This time it was sandwich cake. Parental Bo Bemmas came around for this course and afterwards we enjoyed a homemade brandy snap and a slice of princess cake with a coffee. Yums!

I gots me some flowers for my birthday.. which is always nice..

More pottering was done.. we had a few things to finish off for Christmas you see.. we were slowly but surely getting there. As we always do. We got the Peanut Butter Balls chocolated and set aside and then we headed over to the Parental Bo Bemmas for a little helping of more hönökaka, rice pudding & glögg! Afterwards we braced ourselves and headed home.. trying not to slip over on the icy ground! Brrr!

We made it home in one piece and then the next day it was Christmas.. we started the day off with some leftover sandwich cake! Lunch was also left over sandwich cake! Simply love the stuff! Before heading over to the Parental Bo Bemmas for the Christmas feastage! It was a pretty enjoyable night.. especially when Em's dad went to pass a piece of eel to Em's bro & dropped it just short of the plate and right into the drink! Eels have always been slippery little fuckers! It was one of those moments you really wish you had caught on film! But alas.. I still haven't managed to get my eyes to record everything they see.. yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)