Friday 26 August 2011

Hello Goodness!

Em and I headed off into the city festival (which up until I was there, I thought was just a music festival.. whoops.. it's only taken 5 years for me to find out differently!) to catch some tunes and foodage.

We arrive.. and feeling hungry we headed off to walk around the food stalls to pick something to eat, Em had already decided on having a crepe.. or well I should say galette, coz you know they are made of buckwheat but it just doesn't have the same ring to it when you say that you are creeping up a galette! Mine had some chook in it, among other things and Em's had pear in it, among other things.. both quite good.. and a mighty good way to start the evening. [photo of stall] [photo of my goodness] We also partook in a glass (plastic cup) of carbonated organic apple juice. 

With our belleh's semi satisfied.. we headed off to have a little more look after and of course take on the English Store, so that I could get some positively awesome canned sketti.. sketti and eggs on toast was totally on the menu for Saturday morning! But no.. to my total and utter disappointment.. when I walked into the store I discovered that the shelf where my beloved sketti should be was.. horrifyingly empty! *gasp* I felt my heart just shatter into a million pieces.. and then when I enquired as to when new stock shall be arriving.. I got the earth shattering news that it would be about a month! A MONTH! *sigh* I picked up the millions of pieces of my heart, along with a can of really fucking good lemonade and headed off to try and enjoy what was left of my evening out. Lemonade helps heal broken hearts.

We had a little walk around.. taking in all that glorious noise that comes with a festival. Stopping by the chocolate mousse [food photo] tent and grabbing some mousse that was good but not the bestest I have ever had.. it was all gone before I knew it.. but just in time for the churros [food photo] to arrive! We walked around a little more while eating the churros until we headed towards the bottle store, where I picked up 4 beers to try, ok 3 to try, 1 being a cherry beer! Say waaaaaaat!? What is the fourth you say? Well, it was none other than another banana bread beer! With our beer safely packed away in Em's backpack, we went and parked up by the water and fluffed, gasbagged, laughed and maybe farted until we decided to go and sit in a bar and enjoy a alcoholic beverage, [photo of me beer & Em rose]. The place wasn't too bad and it was nice to be in a bar that didn't play excessively loud music. I think we might actually head back to that place again.. and perhaps even grab a burger there as well.. as I saw someone else order one and it didn't look too bad at all. OmNomNom!
Those Dancing Days were due to start, so off we toddled back to the water, instead of standing in the crowded drunken mess. We got good sound over there and we could hear ourselves think.. BONUS! We kicked back, mucking about.. taking photos of course of whatever we could. Here's my oh darn, my house is sinking look..

Kurt Vile was up next.. and with him, came my chance to have a slushy! Which of course gave me a slight blue tinge to my tongue [photo goodness].. to match my eyes as someone so kindly pointed out.. perhaps I should do it more often? It's good to match right? However, with slushy always comes head freeze.. which Em so kindly took a photo of instead of.. well nothing really.
You sure do need to catch these moments on camera right?

As the head freeze cleared and Kurt finished up.. we headed off down to the train where I so kindly held my ticket upside down to the ticket lady and thought what the hell is she on about when she asked me to turn it the right way lol.. whoooops! mah bad! The train came.. we jumped on, took out seats and endured the long dark journey home.. where you can see I was thrilled to pieces! [thrilling photo]

We made it home all in one piece, Nemo was pleased to finally have us back safe in his paws and we headed off to sleep the night away to start a whole new Friday! Yes that's right kids, us party animals were out on a Thursday night! We aren't ready for the old folks home just yet!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Em for getting the shot of the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)