Sunday 14 August 2011

Hello Beer!


As we all know I do enjoy trying new beers.. so when Em spotted this little banana beauty in the Malmö bottle store.. we just couldn't pass up the chance to wrap my lips around it and tantalise or torture my taste buds! Actually Em even took a sip.. you'll have to ask her for her verdict.



The write up on the bottle says..

"Long ago, ale was known as liquid bread. We've used our long history of creating the finest malt blends and added fair-trade bananas to awaken the senses with a seriously fruity, rich yet surprisingly versatile banana bread beer"
..and..
"An inspired brew made with our own natural mineral water and fair-trade bananas. Tempting banofee aromas and flavours are balanced by the silky richness of a masterful malt blend and the peppery spice of the freshest ripest hops"

Now isn't that enough to make you want to pick it up, take it home and just give it a whirl?

Anyways.. moving on to my first sip.. there was quite the distinct taste of bananas. It was very very interesting. It was almost unexpected even though everything suggests it would have that banana hint and it is made with actual bananas.. so why wouldn't it be banana tasting.. almost reminds me of the incident with the chocolate beer in Barcelona.

It's a light, crisp and quite the tasty beer.. With each mouthful the palette goes bananas! Freaking bananas!

It has quite the sweet tone to it but not undrinkable sweet.. or soda sweet. A beer I could definitely drink again.. but not a beer that I could drink more than one bottle of now and then.. unlike the lemon beer I tried in Amsterdam that tasted like freaken toilet cleaner. That shit just shouldn't even be bottled! I'll never drink that one again.. however I'll totally be willing to try every other lemon beer that I come across... or well any beer come across!

Not a beer for everyone.. I mean really you can say that about all beers but if you are a little open minded and not a complete snob then I think you would find this beer quite the monkey maker! I quite enjoyed the little banana burps once I had polished off the brew.. I'm quite awesome like that! Also.. I quite like the idea of having one of my 5 a day as a beer.. wouldn't you? coz.. surely it would be included right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)