Monday 1 August 2011

Hello August!

August is upon us.. and to be honest I am really grateful that the horrible weather month of July is over.. maybe August will be a touch nicer to this little kiwi? I wont hold my breath but a girl is allowed to dream right? Ok, so the weather hasn't be ALL horrible.. there just happens to have been much more grey and wetness than I would like.. the temps have been quite liveable and at least we haven't had any sleepless night coz of the heat.. as Em kindly pointed out. Very good point.

We had a glimmer of hope that is was going to be a stunning day on Sunday.. but it lasted as long as it took Em to walk Nemo... in the morning. We had a different kind of stunning day with the making of macarons. Em's idea, coz as we all know.. I am not the biggest fan of them. I didn't think we did a too shabby job but I would definitely make changes if we were to make them again.. or perhaps find a different recipe for the actual shell... 
They turned out quite eatable.. so eatable in fact.. Em ate a little too many of them and even popped a few of them in her gobhole this morning before heading off to work.. they are quite small so don't think she is some kind of piggy by eating a few.. they kind of remind me of oversized popcornies! Popcornies that just melt in your mouth! Come on over if ya wanna try them out.. but be fast.. I suspect the wont last long at all.

Moving back in time further.. I bring you Saturday! We did all the usual stuff and fluffed around and then headed into Malmö to catch a Swedish flick that Em wanted to see. I think she just wanted to test my Swedish abilities to the limit! Which I passed.. coz I'm awesome! It wasn't too bad a flick at all.. the chairs however were still on the top of my list for worst and today I feel like my back will snap but I'll get over it. Anyways back to the movie.. I think the best part of it wasn't something that happen in the movie, but what I did during a very silent part at the end of a sexy scene.. I knocked over the pringles can! Luckily the pringles were all eaten but it was very loud and very funny.. and Em of course shook her head at me.. as she usually goes when I do something silly.. which I usually do.. coz I'm the best! And speaking of bests.. I was once again highly amused at having to use the back door to leave the movie place.. it almost makes me feel like I have been to see some snuff film or something lol. 

Upon arriving in Malmö.. we first noticed that something might be up by this sight...

Turns out there was a soccer match on.. and then.. we stumbled across the food festival! Where I picked up some stroopwafels from the Holland stall and we continued to mosey on through. Sadly however, NZ was not represented.. Australia was but not little NZ. I felt a little ripped off.. maybe I should start an NZ food revolution here! Em made the comment that maybe NZ wasn't here coz there was no dirt to cook in! She might actually be right! lol

We looked around the town, checked out a few shops.. stopped by The English Shop, picked up a couple of goodies.. and of course a can of sketti.. which will make one delightful breaky of sketti and eggs on toast on weekend morning. Life is pretty darn good really.. altho EuroDuck was most unimpressed at being left at home on Saturday so he isn't feeling like life is good at all.

Friday.. Em finished up a little early and we decided to have a little drinkies in the afternoon! I know! Shocking.. and I discovered that not only is Em quite the happy drunk.. she is also quite the dancy drunk AND quite the slappy drunk! She kept slapping me.. playful slaps of course.. she doesn't wear wifebeaters! I must say though, she got me good a couple of times. Revenge will be sweet.. and unexpected. Be warned little girl.. I'm coming for you! Muahahahahaha

All in all I think it was a pretty good weekend.. and a good note to end July on.. 
Speaking of good notes.. here's a little photo of the adorable Nemo! He just keeps getting cuter! It's all about the snout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)