Monday 8 August 2011

Hello Bikers!

Monday again.. weekend over and done with again... these things just seem to go too fast at times. Sometimes they feel a little sluggish too.. like this guy who I saw on my morning walk with Nemo.. I think I took a very good shot here.. I am way proud of it so I'm gonna pimp it here! Check out my photo maaaaaan! [click me for the most awesome-est slug pic EVER] See it at its largest to really see it! lol

Taking that pic was quite the way to start my weekend really.. put me in rather a good mood. Who would of thought that seeing a slug would put someone in such a good mood right? It also amused me at how while I was taking more pics of it.. it was coming for the iphone lol and Nemo was trying to stand on it.. not realising that it was actually there.. he just wanted to get the frak away and walk.. enough of these shenanigans he said!

After a little pottering we got into our Saturday groove and got foodage shopping done before heading to town to buy a new suitcase for the upcoming trip! Or well not just for that trip, we needed a new one and wanted one that was a good height and had those awesome wheels that go every way which way! So now, we have this spunky suitcase to rock out.. and the best thing is that my duffle bag will fit perfectly on top of it when we are rolling it around.. it's like it was meant to be! [click me for the suitcase pic.. you wont be sorry!]

Then we rolled around town with our newly aquired suitcase, strawberries and limes and headed to the booze store to pick up some more.. Bundy Ginger Beer of course, along with a couple other things, just another one of those malt drinks and beer.. nothing special.

We also finally went and got some mint plants so that we can make that very awesome drink that we got the booze for the weekend before.. I even remembered to make ice.. but do you think we remembered to make the drink? No. We are that good! lol

We also stumbled across some kinda of motorbike with side car meet.. so we stopped, waved and took a few photos which didn't turn out the best coz we were in a darkish sort of area. Shame really. But here is one of the few anyways...

Sunday was a pretty lax day.. with it raining for most of the day. I finally got around to attempting to make a Piri Piri sauce.. which I so carefully managed to forget I had piri piri chili goodness on my fingers when I rubbed my nose.. so once again I had that very lovely burning sensation! gosh I'm clever! Let's hope my sauce actually works and it was worth that little afternoon of burning..

Looks like the festival is starting up this week here.. which means a little langos! a little asia corner.. and a lot of..
"Arrrrreeeee yooooouuu rrreeeeeeeaaaaaddddyyyyyyy?"
and lots of loud repetitive music lol I do kinda love this time of year and hate it all at the same time. Hopefully it doesn't rain all week like the forecast says.

1 comment:

  1. LOL.. Em just informed me.. the mint wasn't even for the drink! Man I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)