Tuesday 24 March 2009

Weather!

I woke up this morning and looked outside and it was wet and miserable.
About 15mins later I looked out the window again to see that it had actually started snowing.. the ground had not yet turned white so I just knew that I had not just missed it when I looked out the first time.
Another 15mins went on by and I look out the window again and the ground is well on its way to being white.

I leave the house to drop Emma off at the station and to start off on Nemo's walk and as soon as we get outside we are met with a harsh wind.. as the wind whipped past me it started to freeze my face.. I was starting to think it was going to cause my eyeballs to pop.. ok maybe not that bad but it was pretty freaking cold.. it was so cold in fact Emma said I didn't have to wait with her until the train came.. which I wasn't about to argue with coz.. well one would have to be bloody mad to want to stay out in that weather longer than one needed to.

Nemo and I headed off on the walk.. I had decided to cut it a little shorter coz the wind was horrid.. and like I already said one would have to be bloody mad to stay in that weather longer. Nemo did his business.. we walked and as we walked the shards.. now I say shards coz that it is what the bloody things felt like.. the shards of snow would hit my frozen face and it would sting like I have never felt before.. I thought for sure my face was being attacked with little shards of glass and that when I got home and looked in the mirror my beautiful face would be all deformed and I would look like some kind of crazy monster.. however this was not the case as it was just little bits of snow and wind and they can't do that much damage lol

I think even Nemo didn't mind being home.. as soon as we got in the door he shook himself up.. and then I had the fun task of getting the clumpy snow from his paws.. which did not make him all that happy.. but you know what.. it didn't make me all that happy either!

As I get all settled and comfy and happy to be in the warmth I once again look out the window to see that the snow was whipping past the window almost horizontal! I think to myself how happy I am to now be inside and I hope that it doesn't stay this way all day.. as it turned out it did not stay that way for long and the sun started shining and the snow started melting and the day was starting to look up.. I was thinking it was safe to walk Nemo and figured I might take him for a little bit extra of a walk coz the sun looked so inviting.. from inside I might add.. coz it was a totally different story as soon as I set foot outside into the freezing freaken wind! It was horrible.. the wind made my eyes water and every time I looked over at Nemo his little furry face looked like someone had a fan right in front of him on full speed.. his big droopy ears were flying back and he would give me little looks like "get me outta here"

There was still some snow about and it was nasty.. several times on this walk I had to stop and try and remove the snowball clumps that attached themselves to Nemo.. and once again that did not make him happy but he knew it had to be done.. and it was hurting him to try and walk.. I know this coz usually nothing stops him from walking.. but today he just stopped, before I realised what was wrong I just tried to pull him which made him walk all funny like so of course that is when I noticed how bad it was.. poor little fella.. nasty nasty snow! Snow should always be nice and pretty.. nasty snow should be banned!

Currently the sun is shining so bright and it looks so very lovely and inviting.. but I am not going to be fooled again! I am stupid but not that stupid.. no fooling me twice... in one day that is! lol After seeing how miserable it looked this morning, I really would not have thought the sun would be shining bright at all today.. now if only the sun could be shining and the wind could be warm.. then I would be happy and it would be summer.. please summer come now, I need you! I kid you not..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)