Monday 16 March 2009

Umm Blue Junk?

Friday night Emma and I headed off to the movies to see Watchmen. It was a bit more violent than what I was kinda expecting.. I don't really know what I was expecting coz I hadn't actually read the comic but I was not expecting all the violence and blue junk! However I am so very glad that they covered up the penis for the scene where Dr Manhattan was giant.. coz I kinda think that would be a little frightening.. don't you kinda think? If I never see another blue penis it will be too soon! I walked out of the movie glad that I had seen it at the movies.. coz if it was just on tv then I think I would have fallen asleep or just turned it off. It was nice to go to the movies tho and I am looking forward to seeing Wolverine next. Mmm Hugh!

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key as usual, however we did go and cook lunch for the parentals & co on Saturday.. which was rather nice and I made a cake.. but it wasn't what I was actually after.. so the first cake I have had in months and it was just meh.. so sad! omg actually it was the first piece of cake I have had all year! Now I really need to bake a cake that I really want.. if only I knew what I really wanted! I baked some cookies yesterday.. and they were much nicer than the last time I made them.. this time I cut out 30g of butter.. next time I might cut out another 20g and see how it goes.. if I even remember that is lol I do love baking.. which reminds me I have a few egg whites that I have to use so I might make some meringues.. which I have never made before so it should be a fun experience!

Speaking of fun experiences.. I have a new ecological coffee to try.. and before you start thinking I have my spunky espresso machine back.. I don't and I haven't even heard anything about it coz noone these days has any clue about customer service! no freaken clue! rawr! but yeah anyways Emma and I decided to give this ecologial coffee a go, and it is always handy having filter coffee there for when you need to make a large amount of coffee.. coz the espresso machine can only make 2 cups at a time.. or well.. one cup at a time coz my cups are too big and only one fits in the cup area! haha I miss my machine! On Friday morning I was in need of a coffee but we only had this filter coffee that had a hint of chocolate and the last time I tried it I really didn't like it but I thought I would give it another go.. coz I am all about giving things another chance.. this time it was still yuck but it was much better.. mind you this time I didn't add milk which I think really helped.. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I liked it.. but it was drinkable.

All this baking and coffee talk has got me wanting some.. so I think it is time to put a pot on and then park up and look at Tastespotting.. and Foodgawker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)