Wednesday 10 September 2008

crApple!

I am indeed nearly about ready to jump on board and buckle up the I hate Apple bandwagon! Seriously. I don't think I could be more serious. I have never been a fan of iTunes and always put off getting an iPod purely coz I didn't want to have to use iTunes but then Emma got the iPhone so we kinda had to get iTunes to be able to do anything with the iPhone.. so it hasn't helped that now that I am a user of iTunes I hate it even more than before I was a user! Today has totally taken the cake tho.. so we do the update coz.. really you would think that not too much could possibly go wrong with an update.. ok so I should have known betterer.. but I upgraded iTunes to 8 to have my music library flucked over.. it stuffed up album art so I had to spend time fixing that up... but the worst thing was that over half of the music could not be located.. so I had to click on each song and locate it manually.. yes manually! Now you may ask why did I not just delete the music and re-add it all.. well that would be coz I thought it would be less work to just do the tracks.. and before I realised just how much had actually stuffed up I was already really invested in it so I figured I may as well carry on coz deleting and re-adding at that point would take even more time and I would have to go and fix all the album art all over again.. which I might add I have had to do a few too many times since installing iTunes in only July this year.. sad sad state of affairs!

So anyways.. I get iTunes fixed up and start having a loook around it at the so called coolness that makes it deserve the whole point for the upgrade.. only to be yet again disappointed by it.. quite frankly it was just as poo as usual and it seemed slower but that may have been coz of the whole thumbnail thing.. so that shouldn't really be an issue now coz its already loaded in memory as such.. and plus I prolly wont keep it on that view anyways so that really is not such a big deal. As for the big hype they put into the Genius side of iTunes.. well *shrugs* I don't think much of it.. but yeah as I was saying I get it all fixed up and decide to head over to Gizmodo for a relaxing read of geeky news.. and the first thing I am confronted with it the headline...
Now luckily there was no device on hand to plug in coz that apparently is what makes it go from running aok to not.. so now there will be no plugging in of anything until there is a fix.. coz I don't want to have to fix up the music yet a.g.a.i.n!

They say to stop the BSoD you should downgrade and do a clean install of 7.7.. which means... I would have to deal with fixing up the music.. so you can understand why I wanna try and hold off and wait for a solution. It would be nice if it happened quickly and then we can go on to having to see if the new software update for the iPhone fixes all the stupid problems there.. but that really is a whole new issue and rant.. which I wont bore you with.. but just know I am about ready to jump..

"iTunes is Genius." I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)