Sunday 3 August 2008

The falls!


Where do I begin? Umm well yesterday Emma and I headed off to take a looksie at the waterfalls.. it was really nice.. I enjoyed walking in the bushy bits, even with all the frogs.. there were so many.. you had to watch your step coz otherwise you might stand on them.. which I prolly did anyways. It was a nice morning.. apart from the really step inclines!! It was a little hard to walk and I was totally in the wrong pants.. they had trouble staying up and I kept getting them caught on the shit sticking out of the ground.. we got a little lost but not.. a little wet too coz it rained.. but all in all it was fun.


Afterwards we headed off to take a ride on an old steam train only to find out once we arrived that there were going to be no services for the day coz it had been booked out for a wedding reception.. seriously how hard would it have been for them to stick something up on the website to inform people.. we weren't the only ones to show up to only be disappointed too.. so after having a little look around we left.. a little broken hearted lol

We came home and had maccas.. which was yet again not very nice and way too expensive.. $20 for two meals is a bit much for maccas don't ya think? Just as well we want to go there too often coz otherwise it would get wicked expensive.. and well I can think of better things to spend money on. Anyways the rest of the day we just relaxed at home and watched a few shows and did nothing.. it was rather nice.. it was meant to rain all day but it didn't and it was all hot and sticky yet again.. I know I shouldn't complain about the heat but the other day after sitting on a chair for a few hours it felt like I had wet my pants! It did not feel nice at all! At least I had made a wonderful Lemon Meringue Pie.. so that made it all worth while!

Umm lets see what else have we been doing.. well we went to IKEA.. which was a little sad.. we didn't really find anything.. I want to buy something but I just don't know what and nothing jumps out at me and says "buy me!"

The weather has been pretty amazing.. this summer is turning out to be as hot as my first summer here.. last summer was a shocker.. more rain and gloomyness than sunshine and happiness.. but this summer is full of sunshine and stickyness! lol

I got my hair cut.. coz A.. it was too long and getting too unhealthy and B... it is too hot to have long hair! I have to say I have been spoilt by Trace over the years with her doing my hair.. coz now for the past 5 years since I left NZ I have never been back to the same hairdresser twice and have never actually been happy with my cut. This time around was no different.. the woman was rough and got water in my eye, ear and down my back and couldn't give a decent head massage if her life depended on it and then she had this bad habit of not actually listening to what you want.. and it didn't seem to matter if you told her in English or Swedish. At least it doesn't look so bad that I can't leave the house, I do however now own a buff to hide it when needed.. coz I have curly boofy hair and the last thing I want to do is have to get up and shower every morning before taking Nemo out.. coz otherwise we might have another accident where Nemo pisses inside.. but I would just love to have Trace do my hair again.. if only NZ wasn't so dang far away! Why can't getting a haircut be easy? Shouldn't it be an easy relaxing time?

And on that note I shall leave you with a pic of a grasshopper which was saw on the walk home after dropping off the car yesterday.. it was pretty cool..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)