Wednesday 23 April 2014

Hops & Barley.

5pm finally rolled around, Hops & Barley was open! We headed in for a beer. The bar lady, needs some lessons on serving I think, she was quite horrible. The beer was great, the service was not. For that reason alone, I will never set foot in there again. Service is part of the charm of craft beer and there is so much great craft beer out there these days that one doesn't need to put up with an abrupt and off putting server. Perhaps I have just been spoilt with the fantastic service I get at Mikkeller? Perhaps, it is that you don't see much craft beer there as everyone just picks up a large bottle for $1-2? Who really knows, but regardless.. there is no excuse for the pisspoor service that woman displayed.

A little more walking was on the cards, stopping by the supermarket before heading back to the room, which seemed to be very swift. I remember it taking a much longer time the last time we were here. Perhaps it was the snow, or perhaps it was something else. Or perhaps it was a combo but it was so fast this time around.

Speaking of snow, it's hard to know what is worse when walking around here, at times it felt like the snow actually evened shit out coz OMG! These streets are damn uneven! Which is partly why Emma kept attempting to break herself. It's actually impressive that she hasn't hurt herself.

This time around at the supermarket, I said no to the mystery meat.. even tho it kept calling out to me. I'm a sucker for mystery meat but I just couldn't take it again to get a dud. Especially a dud as bad as last time, that stuff was terrible. It was pretty hilarious tho, but I just wasn't willing to have another bad morning. I guess you could say I have grown. haha

Earlier, I mentioned how people can pick up beer quite cheap here. A large bottle under $2, which means you witness every Tom, Dick, Harry & Jane walking around with large beers, drinking away. Sadly, it also means that there is a heck of a lot of broken glass coz these people don't seem to know how to use a rubbish bin. We saw a lot of dogs out and about, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't allow my pup to walk the streets of Berlin without booties to protect their little paws from the mass of broken glass.

On one of our train rides today, Emma got to sit by a quite little pup named, Sally. She was totally into getting some pats and each time Emma attempted to stop, Sally would look up with those puppy eyes as if to say, did I say you could stop?! It was totally adorable. I was a little bit jealous lol

Emma also took this awesome shot, before getting on one of the train rides.

After a little relax time in the room, we headed off to the bridge to watch the sunset.. sadly clouds had come out to play so not much was to be seen, so you know what we did? Yep, we toddled off and walked around some more. Where we discovered a little slum area.. we didn't go in. We headed back to the bridge to check out the lights and watch a little rock, paper scissors... 
Oh no! It's a tie! However, it is not always a tie! [photo]

Bed was calling so off we went, showered and put my ankle brace on. Yep, my ankle still likes to show me who's the boss but I don't mind coz I still had a fucking good day. Oh and it turns out, I got a little burnt today. Of course I did. It's what I do.

I shall end this post on some more awesome street art.. coz, why not?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)