Thursday 24 April 2014

Animals!

Today we planned on hitting the zoo so once we got up, we took the easy option and  headed down to overeat at the hotel buffet breakfast where I had a delicious assortment of goodness. I had one banana too much. I thought I would burst! We headed back to the room to lounge our bellehs a while before heading off to the zoo.
The zoo was a mixed bag. It made me happy and sad many times. We were mostly gutted by the fact that they had only one kiwi and it was hidden in a box and could only be seen via tv screen. According to the wiki site, it's supposed to have seven. Even their info centre didn't know that they had a kiwi, let alone supposed to have several. The lady seemed shocked to discover that they did have one after looking on the site for us. Their info centre wasn't much for info. I'm not sure what it was for other than yearly passes. In general, it seemed that the zoo wasn't good on the ole info giving, when we got our tickets, we were given a couple of little booklets, for starters.. one would have been enough! To be honest, none would have been perfect. All they were, were things about other touristy things to do. I thought they were going to be zoo related, but no. Not even given a map and the only map that we found was one right at the start that we had to take a photo of.. not that it helped much coz it was so jam-packed and small. Berlin Zoo, fail on the info stakes. All was not lost tho, we managed to navigate around and see things, as you do and we did get to see a Kea, or well 2. And a old lady talking to them, more so one than the other and she was even able to touch it's beak! Touch. It! She was pretty awesome and was having loads of fun, can't blame her. 

There was loads of copulation happening at the zoo, I guess it is the season but this one moment was particularly funny.. I look over and see a couple of ducks, one mounted upon the other, mating stylez. Upon closer inspection, as in I just opened my eyes I discovered that they were different species. The next discovery was that they were both males! But wait! There's more! Next thing I know there is a third duck in on this action! That poor little girlie duck was at the bottom of this ménage à trois! Anything goes at Berlin zoo! What happens in Berlin zoo, stays in Berlin zoo? I then grabbed Emma and pointed her in the right direction for her own discovery! Which went pretty much the same way as mine, apart from her wondering why I was pointing out mating ducks... not like it's a new concept! But, then. she. saw!

Here's a bunch of animal photos..
We got to watch these dudes being fed, and the one on the left going into the water was hilarious with his not so graceful jumps into the water. Adorably cute!

 
Black Swan!
Isn't it stunning?!

 
This dude, was SO cranky! I tried to feed him and all he wanted to do was eat me. He came straight through the bars and right for my privates! How rude!


 
Never come between a bear and their log!
"Oh Log, How I love thee!"

And this little shit was messing with us. We were both trying to get a really rad shot, and he wouldn't come so we would walk away and then he would come. So we would go back and, yep, you guessed it. It pissed off and then on the very last attempt, the little shit swam way under the water and past us. The cute little shit! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)