Tuesday 22 April 2014

Berlin, Baby!

The flight was wicked swift, up we went and the seat belt lights went out and then they asked if anyone wanted to buy any drinks and then the announcement was we were going to land in 20mins. 40mins in total I would say. Very cool indeed. There was also free wifi on the plane.. which was extremely slow. I did not bother attempting, but Emma did and so she sent her first ever tweet from the skies.. small things in life! We got off the plane and out of the airport pretty swiftly too, then off we toddled to catch the train and what timing, we did not have to wait long at all for it. We got to witness what seemed to be a fare evader, he didn't end up getting a fine but it looked like it was going to happen several times. 
There was also a lady who had greenery attached to her bag... which over the coming days I come to realise with the help of Emma, that it is what people do at Easter. I really should have put it together but I didn't. It still seems odd! hahaha

Oh, but before we got on the train, I was all nice and stuff and helped a young lass with her luggage down the steps. She had a large suitcase, hand luggage suitcase and a large handbag. I saw her eyes pop out of her head when she saw the steps and trying to work out how she was going to do it. Emma had scooted off to grab tickets, so I asked if she needed a hand. I took her small one, while I still had my small one and off down the steps I went, I only just pondered last night if she thought I would take off with her bag, coz you know, there are some shitty people in this world who would do that! Anyways, that was my good deed done for the year, and I didn't even have to don my cape!

Getting to the hotel was so so swift! A little light entertainment along the way in the form of a girl at a photo booth doing a photo shoot where she was trying to be all sexy badass, while just off to the side there was a busker singing about a revolution. Fun times! Berlin, you never disappoint! We were all checked in with our free coconut water by 6pm! Question: how and why do people drink that shit?! That stuff is definitely an acquired taste but holy heckles, it was not nice. at. all. And I don't care if they try to tell me that coconut water is good for my daughter, coz I don't have a daughter! Outside the hotel, they have this sign...
...which led to me repeating, a few too many times for Emma's liking.

Dinner was to be had! We went to a little burger joint that used to be a public restroom! Yes, you read that correctly! The burgers however, did not taste like a restroom. Emma had a cheeseburger, I had a BBQ burger that was a little too dry and I think it was lacking a little but it was eatable enough. We also grabbed some chili cheese fries. I didn't go easy on the jalapeƱo! And washed it all down with some fritz! Both were really good, shockingly I really enjoyed the cola, orange and lemonade mix!

It was a popular little joint, and I can see why. While my burger wasn't great, Emma's was and I watched many a people chow down on theirs as we waited for ours and you could see that they were enjoying themselves, but sadly there were no groans of delight,  just munch munch munch. The chili cheese fries were pretty good, even Emma enjoyed the meaty goodness.. until she realised it was meat! Bahahahaha

 

We enjoyed the stroll across the bridge on the way to grab burgers and then on the way back we took the other side, which stunk much more like pee than anything else. Sadly. Not really ideal smells for building an appetite!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)