Friday 1 July 2011

Swallows!

Just the other day Emma was saying how it looks like this year the swallows wont be back to live above out balcony door.. As it turns out, yesterday I discovered that they were in fact back as I sat out there with Nemo and had them coming and going. I only nearly got hit in the heat once when one was leaving.. but that was because I was standing up.. attempting to take a photo.. which didn't work out so well at all. They are such fast little buggers and it doesn't help that I am slightly scared of birds.. given that they tend to fly at me as often as possible.

Seeing as I didn't manage to take a photo yesterday..
..here is one Emma took while on EuroTrip2011..
Also the other day, Emma made a comment of how few swallows there are here compared to while we were on EuroTrip2011. There were SO many! It was pretty awesome. Everywhere you looked, there were loads of swallows just flying about collecting foodage.. I loved it! They are very pretty birds. 

Here, we get a few swallows but mainly these big black birds flying around.. or running around on the ground, especially in the mornings... and especially now that there are babies running around after their mummies crying for food. Nemo's morning walk is very noisy these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)