Thursday 21 July 2011

Ice Cream Time!

Last night, Em decided that it was about time I got off my tush and made her some ice cream.. so today that is just what I did.. I made vanilla ice cream, which I am now going to share.. the process not the actual ice cream coz I do not believe they have yet invented lick and taste monitors. So here it is!
Step 1: Take Egg and beat until fluffy! "it's so fluffy!"

Step 2: Add in the sugar and beat!

Step 3: Now I totally have New Kids On The Block singing in my head and I might.. just might be singing it out loud to but you can't prove it! Here's a clip of the new school video of them singing as rather oldies now..[click me for old] or if you prefer their young voices.. and young bodies..  then check this one out! [click me for young] It's actually interesting/funny to watch them both! Don't be afraid.. just do it! Anyways where was I? Oh yes.. add vanilla extract.. which just so happens to be homemade too, yes bitchez, I am that talented! bahaha ok side tracked again.. add vanilla and beat a little more!

Step 4: Add milk and cream.. beat baby beat! Possibly while still listening to New Kids!

Step 5: Set up ice cream machine..
 ..switch on and pour the mix right on in and let it work its magic!
 

Step 6: When it is at your desired consistency, turn off machine.. coz if you don't, accidents tend to happen and things get messy. My machine usually takes about 30mins.. in case you were wondering.. and also incase you were wondering, no I didn't listen to New Kids while making it. Anyways transfer ice cream from machine to container and freeze! Or eat if that's what you prefer, I tend to prefer it a little more frozen than what an ice cream machine can make.

And there you have it.. 1 pint of vanilla ice cream! OmNomNom!

Oh and an extra step.. if you wanna add little bits of whatever into it, like fruit, brownies, or m&ms or even lollies... then a couple minutes before you remove the ice cream from the machine, drop in the bits and let it mix.. I didn't do that coz well.. I will be making a lemon ice cream in a couple of days when my ice pack has frozen well enough to use again.. and Em can help too! Then we shall mix a nice tarty lemon ice cream with the lovely vanilla one to have the ultimate combo! 

In other news: Errr there is none. Sorry for getting your hopes up! bahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)