Friday 25 March 2011

Missing NZ.

It has.. over the last couple of days.. come to my attention that I am feeling a little bit homesick for New Zealand. I can blame Em.. for her showing me a website outlining all the kiwi goodies I haven't had in a looong looong time. Like Cheezels, Burger Rings, Twisties and Rashuns! I would kill for some Rashuns right now! There were also many other things too.. lollies, cookies, chocolate.. I partly blame Whittakers for the chocolate.. I recently started following them on twitter and it is there that I noticed that they now do mini slabs! MINI! I love all things mini! bitesize! It is my biggest weakness. So that of course got me thinking of Peanut Slabs and the like.. and well it just got me thinking of NZ again. Why o why do you have to be SO far away NZ? Why can't you just be a hop, skip and a jump for little ole me to pop over and enjoy some kiwi goodness.. the kiwi sun, the kiwi grass.. the kiwi rain.. the Welly wind.. the kiwi attitude.. and of course the accent. I watch Almighty Johnsons and get a little kiwi accent goodness but it just doesn't seem to be quite enough..

I do have a kiwi beer in my fridge currently.. so I think I might just have to enjoy it over the weekend. Although I do wish that the weather was a little nicer.. beer is always that much nicer when the sun is out.. I could get lucky and the sun might show up again for the weekend.. fingers crossed.

The sun however, has been our for the past few days.. it has been gorgeous! The temps have even been in the double digits! Not high double digits but when you have been used to cold cold.. the low doubles are heavenly! Even Nemo has enjoyed the sun as it beams in the kitchen window and he parks up on the kitchen floor enjoying it. Times are lighter too.. which is making for a much happier Jo.. soon enough summer shall be upon us and it will be grand. I really do enjoy a Swedish summer.. when it is a nice summer and not a testy summer.. yes I'm looking at you Summer2010!

Speaking of summer.. bring on EuroTrip2011! Although a part of me wishes it was MoveBackToAus2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)