Tuesday 15 March 2011

5 Years.

So there we have it.. 
5 years ago yesterday, I left Melbourne. Em and I, sat in the airport bar and had a beer with John and Chris before embarking on the most horrible flight of my life.. Poor Emma. I'm sorry. Here's hoping I do better on the trip 'home' yeah? ;) 
5 years ago today, I arrived in Hässleholm. Looking out the window at all the snow.. I'm sure Emma really enjoyed my face turning into one of a little kids at the sight of all the snow. I was wide eyed and bushy tailed! 
It is kinda hard to believe I have been here this long.. life really has a funny way of working out. Also, it's funny to think about how 5 years ago it was snowing at this time.. but today.. there isn't any.. I swear Sweden was just trying to be nice and not make me wait for my first snow fall! How nice right? It was lulling me into a false sense of it's niceness! hehehe
Here's me in the snow.. 5 years ago. (it was actually taken on the 27th.. so not quite 5 years but close enough right?)
Yes.. I am wearing jandals! AND I still wear those same jandals.. sometimes. lol

Speaking of weather.. it hasn't been too bad as of late. We had a few frosty mornings which nearly had me slipping on my ass.. but I managed to stay on my feet.. that is despite Nemo's best efforts to pull  me down! He can be such a little bastard.. but an extremely loveable one! I am really looking forward to the summer.. and taking in some warmth. Also.. I'm totally looking forward to the European adventure! 61 days until we head off onto the open road! Ok, to start with it will be open train tracks and the air.. but then we really kick into the open road! and no more accidents Georg! If anyone has any spare cotton wool.. can they please send it Georg's way!

I feel like baking today.. but I am unsure what I should bake. 
Emma complained the other day that I haven't baked enough lately.. shame on me!
I think I might just go and take a gander at foodgawker.. and see if anything jumps out and gives me any ideas..

3 comments:

  1. Booo @ lack of jumping, but thanks for the cotton wool! =D
    In exciting news, I don't feel like I need my sticks to get around today...the open road is looking mighty enticing... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)