Tuesday 1 March 2011

Macaron Tasting!

Last night.. Em and I broke out the taste buds and gave the macarons a try.. 
Both of us have never had them before, so it was a fully new experience, they always look so enticing and kinda pretty!

Orange - not too bad, tasted kinda candy like but I didn't mind it.. which is saying something coz I'm not big on orange flavoured things

Pistachio- rather marzipan-y, not my fave at all.. I've never been huge on marzipan but Em is only just realising how much like marzipan pistachio actually is.. it has been rather amusing!

Coffee - nice but nothing special, not strong but not too weak either.. if that makes sense?

Raspberry - actually quite bland. Raspberry should have an awesome hit of flavour but that was simply meh. Sadly.

Lemon - it was ok, I prefer my lemon.. again with a bit more kick.. punch.. hit.

Chocolate - was kinda like a cheap chocolate. That is really all I can say about it.

Verdict - just meh, don't think it was worth the 60sek (10sek each)
Flavours could have been a little more there and maybe a touch more of the buttercream filling? They seemed really really dry. I've never had them before so they could be how they are meant to be.. which then leaves me with the conclusion that I don't really desire to have them again.  I might just skip trying these in Paris and spend the mula on snails!
Must say tho, I do love the lightness of these little fluckers.. however it is so hard to go halves coz they crumble, but in saying that it made the experience that much more fun!
They left a bit of a nasty after taste for me too.. which was a bit of a bummer.

Maybe Em and I will have to try our hands at making our own..

1 comment:

  1. Pity they weren't good - I had one the other day that was AMAZING - salty caramel - omnomnom! I reckon you gotta try some real ones in Paris...I suspect they'll be nothing like what any of us have ever tried...I might even shout ya one so you can still afford your snails...tehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)