Monday 28 March 2011

Lentil Sprouts!

The end is nigh! Or well.. March anyways hahaha
However with the end of March.. comes the start of daylight savings. Our clocks went forward an hour and made for quite a short Sunday.. but that was ok, coz we didn't do much with our Sunday.. altho it is always amusing to watch Emma iron... which actually seems to freak Nemo out any time he sees her doing anything that isn't normal.. by that I mean, isn't normal for her to be doing.

Of all tho, I think the best thing to come out of Sunday was this photo..
 Yes I am pure awesomesauce!

Actually.. come to think of it something else awesome came out of Sunday.. and that was *drum role* Sketti & Eggs on Toast! Wooooot! Still doesn't quite taste as good if I actually made it in New Zealand.. or even Australia for that matter.. damn Brits adding extra sugar to everything! It was still very good tho and just what the doctor ordered for a little home sickness.

And something not so awesome from yesterday.. the bloody curry we had. It was waaaaay too hot for this big mouth! I couldn't even eat it.. it was so hot that it tasted of nothing and it felt like my mouth was melting. I made bacon and eggs instead. Emma took the leftovers for lunch. She is She-Ra after all and can handle such things.
However, there was some amusement while eating said bowl of heat.. and that was the fact that I had decided to try my hands.. at chop sticks. It certainly is a good way to slow down your eating.

Moving backwards to Saturday.. while we were at the hairdressers getting all snazzied up! There was a little boy there, who was o so cute! In his little jeans and cardy and bright bright bright blue eyes. He certainly was a good source of entertainment.. watching him get his mum to chase him off over the place.. I especially liked it when he felt the need to taste test the stools base. Bless. I do love kids.. when you can give them back at the end of the day.

As of Saturday, Emma decided she wanted to grow some sprouts.. she bought 2 little container thingos and a couple of packets of seeds. Once we got home however.. she quickly discovered that she had got the wrong type of seeds for those particular containers.. I can't blame her tho, I think anyone would have done the same thing coz they had those seeds right by those containers and there were no other containers to be seen.. anyways we ended up going to the plant store and buying the correcto container and all was well. Emma got the process started and she was washing the seeds.. and I mosey on up and say.. "hey! they look just like lentils." to which Emma responded with "that's coz they are, its a lentil mix" and at that very moment I felt as daft as they come.. but really.. how was I supposed to know right? I didn't read any packets! lol that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I am looking forward to trying these lentil sprouts.. one of these weeks.

4 comments:

  1. What's with everyone growing sprouts at the mo???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for anyone else.. but Emma has wanted to sprout it for years! & this year seems to be the year that she actually does.. I think that has something to do with the fact we aren't putting the greenhouse out this year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys should conference call with my in-laws - they're really into the sprouts...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only into eating the sprouts..

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)