Friday 31 December 2010

Ms Zombie!

The last day of 2010 started off with a beautiful sky and pancakes.. made by yours truly! Emma makes far superior swedish pancakes and somehow it actually takes me longer.. usually it is the other way around.. I guess that's why I leave the pancake making to her.. we sure do make a good team.

Yesterday.. we headed off into Malmö so that Emma could buy new boots and a warm jacket.. who knew that it would be so hard to find a stylish warm jacket that wasn't shiny.. what is up with the shiny jackets anyways? I mean come on who wants to look like a shiny coloured marshmallow!? Not I.. or Emma.. luckily I don't require a new winter jacket.. maybe next year.

We were also going to catch a flick.. but we decided to go a few extra stops on the train and check out the new underground train system.. which turned out taking like 20mins so we opted out of the movie so that we would have more time to shop.. which turned into a bust also coz there was NOTHING decent to actually buy.. they didn't even have the boots that Emma knew she wanted.. typical really! We were also gonna eat out but nothing really jumped so instead of buying some overpriced real food, we headed to the american store and the english shop and bought some overpriced candy! Which sent my head into a buzz as we sat on the train on the way to Kristianstad.. which took.. 90ish minutes! So once again I gots me a free card to replace the free card I used.. I was however grateful that we were on the train waiting to leave, rather than outside in the freezing cold waiting for the train.

Kristianstad offered nothing in the buying stakes so we finally headed home to eat real food.. hot cheesy toasties! ooo yeah! In in all.. our Thursday out was a bit of a fail. I blame Hanky Hanna.. you see we were meant to go with her on the train, as she headed to the airport.. but for the first time since I have been in Sweden.. her parentals decided to drive her! It was also the first time I would go along for the ride too instead of it just being Emma Bo Bemma.. I smell something fishy here!

Speaking of fails.. I was a wonderful girlfriend and watched The Walking Dead with Emma.. even tho I am freaken terrified of zombies. After watching all 6 eps.. there were a few tense moments where I felt I was gonna puke, cry, scream.. I really don't like zombies.. but in saying that there really wasn't that much zombie 'action' as I thought there would be.. in a show that is what I thought was.. you know... about zombies. Emma said it had the feel of the last ep of Dollhouse.. I thought it was more like the UK show Survivors, just with zombies instead of a virus killing everyone. So I don't quite get the whole 'The Walking Dead is amazing' thing.

And on that note I'm off to enjoy my last day of 2010 with some bubbly booze, cheeses, meats, seafood, crackers, Jo-made-sour-dough bread, chocolate, apples, chips.. its an all day nibblefest of goodness! How jealous are you right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)