Monday 29 November 2010

Museum Corner!

So off we trekked to the Museum.. paid our dues and were let into enjoy the total deliciousness of a freshly baked wienerbröd! It was the first time I had had one of these magical things.. I usually don't much like the ones you get elsewhere.. but these were so frakking great! I enjoyed a second one on the way out too.. how could I not? You don't get to enjoy them every day and I'll prolly never have one again.. which thinking about that makes me kinda sad lol
We stood and watched them make them before getting in line to order one.. they had a sign up that you couldn't order more than 5 per person when we arrived.. and when we went to leave that went down to just 1 per person.. we weren't gone that long! I'm now getting a craving for another! Yum.. so yum! Look at these beauties!
With our warm pastry in hand.. we headed off into the Museum to check out all the cool old war time goodness!
Dude... you totally need a facelift!


 There's always room for a little love in war..


WALL·E's long lost cousin perhaps?


Then we hit a massive line.. before being able to go into see the largest miniature display I have ever seen.. however I didn't even get to see it all coz 
a) it wasn't actually finished and 
b) people are pushy bastards who have no idea about personal space
Maybe we will have to go back and check it out when its all done and less packed.. I wonder if it will actually ever be less packed.. 

The plan was when we finished up at the museum we would catch some other little train thing back to town.. but having to wait 35mins in the snow seemed a little silly for a 5 min ride on the train.. no matter how choice it was.. so we opted to walk.. and off we toddled in the snow with the wind chilling us to the bone! I really do need to get my winter jacket sorted lol

We stumbled across Emma's parentals and they informed us that the other bakery had a different special treat for the 150yr celebration! Boy did we feel ripped off and apparently it was much nicer.. we tried to go and buy one on Sunday.. but they had sold out. BahHumBug! O well right?

Next part continues at Christmas Corner!

4 comments:

  1. I seriously want Swedish baked goods now, Jop! *shakes fist in the Swedish direction* Way to go on the posting front - am v. impressed! 5 posts in a day - that's gotta be like some sort record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really just one really really REALLY long post.. broken up.

    When I come back from holidays I post more than 5 in a day.. so it ain't even close to a record :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I forgot your epic hiking posts of doom! I wonder what the Eurotrip posts are gonna be like... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)