Monday 8 March 2010

Squirrel!!

Total slack start to March I know.. time just gets the better of me sometimes, especially when I have no real inspiration to bring on words.. and at the end of the day words are needed to make a blog.. well readable.

Something funny did happen last week.. I discovered that when Emma gets to work she has entered Spring time while I sit here in Winter! Then she returns home after a hard days work and gets to enjoy winter all over again. Yes that's right folks.. In Lund is it officially Spring and in Hässleholm we are still officially stuck in Winter. But after this week I think we too will be offically in Spring! Which will make me spring for joy! haha Who knew that less than an hours train ride would have such a drastic effect! lol But in saying that.. we have had some very bright sunny days.. the light is here which is nice and makes everyone feel less gloom & doom! I do however get the urge to burst into tears everytime I look out my window.. due to the fact that they are so freaken dirty!! I will have to get around to cleaning them one of these days I guess. It is still wicked cold during the nights tho and just above wicked cold during the days but the sun beating down upon you lifts your spirits and makes you want to go out and roam the streets.. we took Nems for a bit of a walk yesterday and when we got home.. he needed to be washed off.. all the dirt, sand & grossness just attaches to him with the slight hint of water.. and being that snow is still all over the place and slowly melting during the days the ground gets wet.. and then gets icy in the freezing night.. fun times right? Actually the funnest thing in the world is watching Nemo go crazy after you have rinsed/bathed him.. it is pure awesome! I should really record it one of these days....

We finally got around to watching Up on the weekend and what an awesome movie it was.. it makes me want to attach loads of balloons to a house and float away. Totally a must-see movie for all ages.. with popcorn! Totally loved the Squirrel! moments.

We were also supposed to go to the movies and see Alice in Wonderland.. but neither of us really felt up to it on Friday night so we skipped it.. maybe sometime this week we will muster up the energy to go and see it..

We did a spot of baking over the weekend.. first up were cinnamon rolls, not really my fave thing to eat being that I am not a huge fan of cinnamon but these were rather good so anyone wanting a cinnamon roll & cuppa.. just head on over and it shall be supplied lol We were going to also bake some Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Oat cookies.. but decided that that would be left for this weekend.. we did however bake Nemo's Peanut Butter Treats.. which he just loves and he totally hangs around the whole time while baking them. However that wasn't all of the baking.. Emma also baked some bread rolls for breaky on Sunday.. always nice having fresh baked goods for breaky.. especially when I am the one who doesn't have to do the baking! Squirrel! Errr I mean Score!

4 comments:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)