Sunday 1 November 2009

Pumpkin Galore!

Here we are at the start of November.. and it started with a total yawn fest! I hope it doesn't mean that this is going to be as good as November gets.. oh wait I do actually have something to look forward to.. I am going to a Tegan and Sara concert.. on a cold night in Lund and probably surrounded by stupid teens who don't know how to behave in real life let alone at a concert.. yup I am really looking forward to it alright.. I just hope in the next 3 weeks I can force myself to like their new album so the night wont be a complete stresstest. Ok by 'look forward' I really didn't mean it and I am only going coz I am nice and agreed to go with Emma coz she wanted me to.. but the following weekend is my Sunday brunch and now that IS something I am looking forward to.. nom nom nom!

Speaking of nom.. I have pumpkin coming out of my ears! ok not really but we have soooo much pumpkin its seriously not funny! Emma went a little crazy with the buyage of pumpkins and now we have 6 double serves of pumpkin soup and 9 cans woth of puree in the freezer just asking to be baked with.. chocokin cake here we come.. or well as long as we can find people to help eat it that is! Pumpkin pumpkin everywhere! Even Nemo is gonna get pumpkin doggy treats for xmas.. which I might just have to try myself.. once I have made them that is. Any other pumpkin suggestions?

Emma and I completely forgot that Saturday was a 'public holiday' and off we toddled to town to do a spot of shopping.. I wanted to try and find some gloves for these cold cold days.. but alas sweet eff all was open.. it was o so sad! We headed over to the supermarket we don't usually go to coz there is a sports store where I have a voucher.. we took a chance and it didn't really pay off.. the sport store was closed so we decided to look in the supermarket for the sake of it.. and we came across nooodles! not 2min noodles or anything like that but noodles that came very close to udon.. in their vacuum sealed goodness.. so score! not a wasted trip after all.. we snapped up a packet to give them a go.. but nothing will ever compare to the little noodle shop that Em and I would frequent in Clayton.. all those years ago. Ahhh memories! So many good food memories from living in a land where it didn't cost the earth for simple pleasures.. but at least I cook and bake more now so that has to be good right?

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month, no returns!

2 comments:

  1. Duuude! You got in before I could pinch/punch you - rude! Yes, nothing can beat the goodness of cheap and authentic Asian food in Australia....mmmm! Now I want a noodle box....damn you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muahahahaha
    My job here is done!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)