Monday 4 May 2009

Hike!

As I said on my previous post, Friday we went on a 18km hike and it was ace. Nemo with his backpack on.. which he handled like a champ.. you know it doesn't faze him one little bit but he does use it to his advantage when trying to pull away and be a little prick! We completed it in 4hrs 45mins which I thought was pretty good going.. we even managed to stop at play at a randomly placed playground..
Altho my feet were a little worse for wear I enjoyed it.. and I got a little moody about the lost sock.. but that is coz its what I do best and the shoes were rubbing on my naked foots! and that is enough to make anyone moody.. right?


We are gonna start going on day hike's on the weekends and maybe once we actually manage to get a tent and another backpack.. a overnight hike.. which should be a barrel of fun fun fun! The joys of training.. but its much better to be prepared yes? Nemo seems pretty prepared in his spunky little red backpack!


Emma's shoulders weren't so prepared for her backpack.. afterall she is only liddle! lol

All in all it was a happy family outing and I'm looking forward to the actual trip.. what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)