Monday 4 May 2009

Feet!

Friday we went for a 18km hike around the lake.. which was pretty ace, however we didn't see much of the lake and I lost a sock! 2 hours in I had to take my boots off coz of course I got blisters.. but that's still betterer than before when I got blisters after just 5mins of wearing them.. so they are slowly getting betterer.. anyways I took my boots off and stuck on my shoes that were like a second skin.. sadly it meant I could feel EVERYTHING we walked on which was a new kind of painful lol and about 10mins into wearing the shoes we came across this sludgy area.. which I managed to get halfway thru without getting sludge all over my shoes but it required some real fun dance steps to get to where I was.. but at the half way mark there was no turning back and the sludge got worse... so much worse! so I took my socks off so that they wouldn't get all wet and sludgy and as I watched Emma walk thru terminator style.. I tried to be twinkle toes and as light on my feet as possible to make my way across the sludge.. by the time I got to the end of it.. my feet were wet and sludgy and so were my shoes.. mighty uncomfy.. but I was glad that I had taken my socks off. My plan was then to wash my feet at the next small patch of water we got to and stick my socks back on so that my feet didn't get even more ripped apart.. but alas at some point from my dancing stage I managed to lose my sock.. we started to walk backwards but I grew tired of that and admitted defeat, turned around and continued on the walk in muddy sockless shoes.. which after a few more hours of walking meant that I had a whole new style of blisters! awesome huh?

Then I get home and wash my shoes out to discover... SPIDERS!!! I had been walking around with spiders in my shoes! so gross!

so I haven't been able to wear shoes and have had to wear jandals.. which of course has given me little blisters where the front band is.. my feet are just covered in blisters!! and then yesterday to add insult to injury I stubbed my toe on the threshold and made it bleeed! My feet look ever so pretty! hahahaha

Question: Why is it so hard to find plasters that actually stick to ones foot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)