Monday 6 April 2009

Those 'Doh!' Moments

So there I was.. sitting at the computer calm as anything when all of a sudden I remembered that I had washing to do and the time booked for 7-10am.. it was not 7:38am! dang nabbit! So off I rush to get the washing started and get all the way down the stairs to realise that I have in fact left the washing detergent upstairs!! So I have to rush upstairs to get it! I am such a freaken doofus!

Good start to the new week huh? Well at least Emma is home now.. she arrived home yesterday late afternoon.. looking like she had spent the day choofing it up and hungry coz yet again they stuffed up her meal and gave her vegan food on the flight rather than vegetarian and vegan food is pretty crap.. personally I don't understand what the point of eating vegan is when most of the shit that they eat is so processed its not funny.. unless you are a raw vegan then thats kinda different maybe but yeah.. so anyways Emma was hungry and I didn't have foodage ready coz I had a bad day when it came to foodage.. you could say I had a doofus moment.. we were having chili.. which was easy enough coz I just had to defrost it.. but I had to make a bread to go with it and that is where the tricky part took hold.. my first bread was a flop due to the fact that I had forgotten to put oil in it.. it smelt so gross.. I didn't realise that oil made such a difference and the texture was oddly too.. so I binned it and got the ingredients together.. all the ingredients this time.. and went to put it on but the machine was too hot so I had to wait for it to cool down.. 4 hours went by and I finally remembered that I hadn't started the new bread off! so it was 2:30pm and I knew Emma would be home around 5-6 so I knew I wouldn't have time for it to cook and then cool off enough for me to be able to cut it without making a HUGE mess.. so I decided to do the dough option and then make bread rolls from it.. which didn't turn out to be so bad but Emma got home earlier than expected so she had to wait a little on dinner.. which was ok coz it gave us time to unpack..

Now for an Emma 'Doh!' moment.. which totally takes the cake.. it was pretty good I do have to say. So I asked Emma to get me some Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and also Mini ones.. along with a few other things but they aren't important to this 'Doh!' moment.. so we are unpacking and all the goodness gets clumped on the kitchen table and I start to put things away and I take a look at the two packs of Reece's to discover that Emma got 1 big bag of Mini PB Cups and 1 smaller bag of Mini PB Cups! I question Emma as to why she got 2 packs of Mini's and she was like "Noooooooooooooooooooooo" coz she had totally thought the bigger pack was normal PB Cups and then she went on to tell me the story of how she thought "Score!" when she saw the small pack of Mini PB Cups after grabbing the.. what she thought was normal sized PB Cups! hahahaha so funny.. they still taste good tho.. Yummo!

Now for a Nemo 'Doh!' moment.. he is forever walking into poles with his backpack on.. I am starting to wonder if he will ever get used to it.. this morning took the cake a little and it actually spun him around and then he just stood there staring at the pole which made me laugh.. hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)