Monday 27 April 2009

Granola!

Ahhh another weekend over way too soon! but at least I feel like we got something done this weekend.. which we totally did! On Saturday we went around to the parentals and painted the pool, made lemon meringue pie and sliders.. mini burgers! I even made the mini bread rolls which were so yum! it was all so very yum and so very perfect! My back handled it well too which was nice.. but my thigh.. not both.. just the one started to be really sore yesterday and its not much better today.. I tried to ride it out on the bike.. but I think it made it worse.. deep heat is my next plan of attack! lol

The weather was glorious all weekend.. or well all week too and this week is going to be just as nice.. mid 20's all the way.. summer here we come.. BBQ time! lol Its a short work week for Emma this week.. so long weekend here we come.. and we are going to attempt to hike.. and really break my damn boots in.. they are getting better tho.. I will take a spare pair of shoes just incase however.. don't wanna push it and plus Emma wants to try walking for a long period with a weighted backpack.. I don't need the practice.. and plus I still don't have a backpack!
Am I stressed about that?.. hell yes!

Emma and I made granola bars for the first time last night.. it was easier than I thought it would be and they tasted pretty good which is always a bonus.. Emma found them chewier than she thought that would be.. but I think thats coz we needed to toast the stuffs more.. we shall see on the next batch if my theory is correct.. just for the record.. I am usually correct.. watch out my head is acommin! hahaha I had one for an early breakfast coz I was way hungry and it was rather nice and hit the spot.. they will be good for when we are hiking indeed! Is it bad that I actually want another now that I am thinking about them? lol

Actually its proper breakfast time so I should run off and eat something..
nom nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)