Wednesday 5 November 2008

black outs by candle light!

October is out and November has well and truly begun.. and it seems to have begun with miserable, gloomy weather and black outs!

First lets start with the weather.. well it is cold and if it was a little bit colder we would actually have snow.. coz there is a mist in the air which means that every time I walk Nems we come home wet.. gross is all I have to say! I don't mind walking Nemo.. I just don't like walking him when he can get wet.. the smell of dirty wet dog is not nice to my little nose. Nemo however seems to just love getting wet.. I swear it is coz he just likes to piss me off as much as he possibly can.. which really isn't all that hard these days.. I am a moody old bitch when it comes to this time of year.. oh wait who am I kidding.. I am a moody old bitch always! lol

Ok.. now lets move on to the black out..
..Emma and I are in the kitchen cooking dinner.. having a good ole laugh and just enjoying the boring routine that is cooking.. when all of a sudden it goes all black.. Nemo cries.. as you see he is afraid of the dark.. the big wuss! Anyways.. so luckily dinner was just about ready and so all we had to do was leave it on the heat for a little longer.. it would have been wicked annoying to have only just started cooking.. which I suspect that would have been the case for many households.. there was about 500 households effected.. so they say. At least we got to eat by candle light.. how romantic!

Emma looks out the windows and sees that many people around us had been effected.. and many hadn't.. it seemed to be a mix.. like half buildings etc.. and town.. most of town was out. Our plan for the evening WAS to go and see the Bond movie.. had pre-ordered tickets in all.. so we decide to head off early to take Nems for a walk.. and check out the black out.. and more importantly see if the cinema had power.. and yep you guessed it... no power.. so no movie for Jo! I was totally looking forward to it ALL day! Maybe that was the universe was just trying to piss me off?! coz really it IS all about me! hahahaha

So anyways.. stores had to close early etc.. and trains had even been stopped.. coz they had no power.. it was total darkness in town.. it was kinda cool.. but at the same time a little freaky out walking about.. so we headed to get some candy to much on while we sat home by candle light and chatted about random crapola.. which is alway fun yes?

At 6:36pm the power came back on.. 6mins after the movie we were meant to go and see was meant to start! I guess it just wasn't meant to be.. maybe on the weekend we will take another crack at it.. we will see. All up we were without power for about 100 minutes.. the longest 100 minutes of my life! LOL na not really.. it was kinda fun though.. we should do it more often! At least the candle light thing.. it is actually rather nice sitting in candle light.. don't you agree?

Well this week so far hasn't been anything to brag about.. although I was at a belated house warming party on Friday night and I had a guy there trying to tell me that Sweden was smaller than New Zealand.. I think maybe he thought New Zealand was Australia if I am to be honest.. coz he was a bit of a dingbat and I just wanted to punch him in the nose on several occasions.. but that is a whole nother story which I wont get into.. but yeah.. he was amusing for a small part of the night but pissed me off more than anything.. I don't like people trying to tell me I am wrong when I damn well know that I am right.. and I am more often right than wrong.. you see I don't like to make a dick of myself.. so I try to get all my facts together before I open my big mouth.. maybe more people should be like that and then I wouldn't have to deal with annoying people.. but I think that is way tooo much to ask..
For those who don't know.. according to Wikipedia...
New Zealand has a little over 4.2 million peoples & an area total of 268,680 km²
Sweden has a little over 9.2 million peoples & an area total of 449,964 km²

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)