Monday 28 October 2013

Warm October!

It is a strange October, a rather warm October. Currently it is +12 (before 7am), whereas around this time just last year, we were getting some -5 temps. In 2010, I posted this [photo] which pretty much sums up how October is meant to be.. cold and rugged up! So far, you can get away with wearing a thin jacket, no scarf and a t-shirt underneath! What is this madness?!

Yesterday, Em and I took advantage of the 'nice' weather and biked over to the swamps. Once there, we walked around. There were a few animals, but not so many. We saw a few geese, a few ducks but that is about it. Oh and a big, Em said small but I still say big, slug.. here are a few photos..
Leaving we saw some moomoos.. it stared at me when I stopped to take a photo but by the time my phone got ready to take said photo, the moo went screw you, I'm hungry! and back to munching it went. Here are some photos that Em took.. [colourful reflections] [taking flight] [prickly] [breaching] [don't you belong on a grandfather clock?]

Yesterday I also got my cook on and made smashed avocado and fried tomatoes on garlicy toast! [photo] and it was delicious! Great way to start the Sunday I reckon! Then for lunch I made a quinoa and vegetable stew [photo] and it was so damn good! First time I had ever made it and it has to be the best way to eat those healthy little get stuck in your toofs seeds. Really enjoyed it, and there's some for today so score!

In the afternoon, seeing as it has been a week since we have caught up with the parentals and played with the pups, we decided a nice walk around would kill many birds with one stone. No stoned were flung, nor birds killed. We headed around, overheating in the glorious +18 afternoon air and sunshine. The winds were picking up... more so on the way home, which made me glad we didn't bike. I don't overly enjoy biking into the wind. Who does, right?!

So, I wonder how long this weather will last, I welcome it. I am not ready, mentally, for the cold. Physically, I got it sorted, thermals washed and ready, scarves & hats ready, winter jacket ready, boots waxed and ready, no wet feet this year! Last year, they weren't waxed and the frakkers leaked, hardcore. Altho, I could do with some in-between boots as walking in rain in my sneakers makes for wet tootsie rolls too. We will see, with not having to walk Nemo, I might not be out so much in the wetness. I am so fussy with footwear that the thought of having to find something I like, and is comfortable is daunting. I might get 'lucky' and there be a swift change in weather.. who knows.

Oh and speaking of change.. here is something that nobody expected! I saw me a big Santa so we bought a big Santa! How awesome is this big guy? 
He's so fluffy! I am still quite amused at how early they start Christmas these days.. I mean.. really? It's bloody October! So far he is the only Christmas decoration we have out, it just seemed so mean to put him away until the first of advent! I look over at him now and then and just giggle, too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)