Monday 14 October 2013

Fall, Pumpkin.. Goodness.

It may have been Emma's birthday but I was the one to get flowers! That's right, folks! Emma bought me flowers! A rather beautiful fall themed selection! They are so pretty and it was such a lovely gesture.. Aren't they so pretty?!
They were a thank you for all the extra work I had to do to get the foodage ready for her birthday.. it definitely softened the blow of having to stand at the kitchen sink for nearly 2 hours ripping the heads, shells off of 2 bags of small shrimp! Not to mention grabbing the fiddly poop shute!

Fall really is a pretty time of year, especially over here.. you get some really bold colours, like so.. [photo] [photo] [photo] [photo

This year it has been warmer than usual, I am not saying it is hot but it has been much warmer than previous years.. most noticeably is the fact that we didn't use outside as an extra fridge to chill things like we have previous years for Emma's birthday. Also, it has rained a lot less, in saying that tho.. it started raining yesterday and is still raining today so maybe it has finally caught on that it is meant to be raining? Who knows.. I am not complaining.. I don't wanna jinx anything and I look at all the big bright red berries on the trees and just want to cry coz that is apparently a little sign of how bad winter will be and so if the berries are correct then it is going to be a bad one.. I really hope the berries are big fat liars! 

I said that we had had a form of pumpkin every day leading up to the weekend and well that is where I come to this, we did not make it with our monster crown prince, we bought it from the bottle-o! We found a Samuel Adams pumpkin beer that we just had to try! Because it was a large bottle, and at 8.5%, I didn't want to drink it all myself so we took it around to the parentals on the night we had to slap together the sandwich cake and got them to help polish it off.
I very stealthy poured a glass without allowing Emma's dad to see the bottle and then put the glass in front of him and told him to try it! He really enjoyed it and that is when I dropped the bombshell that it was a pumpkin beer! He couldn't believe it, you see he is a little set in his ways and screws his face up and wont try things if there is something he doesn't like in it. He doesn't like pumpkin, it is more a foreign thing more than he doesn't actually like it.. pumpkin hasn't been 'around' here for very long so most will write it off without trying. However, so far Emma's dad has enjoyed every pumpkin themed item I have placed before him.. as long as he doesn't realise it is pumpkin before that is. 

I must admit, I did enjoy the Fat Jack Double Pumpkin beer very much, I could have drunk it all but it was definitely a beer to share. It reminded Emma's dad of a darker but typical Christmas beer, which kind of makes sense coz it has all the same spices. Very enjoyable indeed. Not an every day drink but one I would gladly partake in again. I just love that they use pumpkin in it! Pumpkin FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)