Sunday 11 August 2013

The 4th Week

The week started off pretty chilled, as in nice and easy.. not temperature. The weather has been simply put, stunning! The best summer we have had in a long time. Long hot sweaty days. It has been a refreshing change to the usual drab summer that has been of yesteryears. It is similar to that of my first summer in Sweden.. at times I wondered if I wasn't still in Australia.

With the weather so nice, we headed into Malmö for another animated movie.. this time it was Monsters University. Good clean fun with that one! Again, we had to see it in 3D. We had a bunch of girls sitting next to us who thought it was a great time to try and take a million photos of them in the cinema. One photo is more than enough, ladies! When the movie finished we were released into what was a big glass hot box! OMG it was disgusting! Instant sweat! But there was a rather nice view.. so that made it semi worth it.

We hit the streets and made our way over to the water to watch the sun setting. It was quite filled with people doing the same thing.. it is a nice spot to just enjoy the beauty and maybe a few drinks, perhaps even a laugh or two. We watched the sun slowly setting, there was some water ski fun to enjoy along with a model shoot! There were a couple of girls not far from us getting their model on. One of them even went out onto the boulders to get her pose on! It made for some good entertainment!

When the sun left, so did we. Beat the feet back to the train station and home we went. I felt like I could have slept on the train.. that is, if it wasn't for a couple of dudes talking complete bullshit across from us. Ahhhh, the joys of train travel.

Tuesday was a pretty epic day, we got to meet up with the Goats and hung in Copenhagen. It is always good to catch up with them.. they are friends who we always wish lived closer. Whilst in Copenhagen, we even managed to pick up some boysenberry jam! It is nowhere near as good as the stuff I can get in NZ but in a pinch, this stuff is just what the doctor ordered. It is not always so easy to find tho, most places don't seem to stock it.

Wednesday we just took it easy, I spent far too long picking photos and doing the Copenhagen blog. Plus we were conserving energy to tackle another day in Copenhagen on the Thursday! Where had a great time checking out the aquarium and then a bar.. I could park my ass at that bar and spend all day there if given the chance! Next time the Goats come, I think we should all head back there and make sure Hank isn't scheduled to drive and then we all can really get our beer tasting on! We don't go to Copenhagen often but I think that place might just have to be a must for every time we go.

Friday was our once a year shrimp & cray party with the parentals, this year we decided that we weren't going to have shelled crayfish coz last year most of them were soft and yeah. We grabbed just some tails.. tiny tiny tails. I do miss the NZ cray. The tiny tails were rubbery and tasteless, so we just stuck to getting stinky fingers with the shrimp.. shrimp bums on toast with lemon mayo.. yums! With a side of cherry tomatoes and the very wonderful cheese pie! This cheese pie is made of all good things, butter! cream! cheese! eggs! Hence the only eating it once a year! So damn good!
We drunk a good amount too, started off with some Australian bubbles and then Em's mum and I moved on to beer while Em stuck with cider. Em and her mum also had some cough syrup.. well that is what I call it, others call it Jägermeister. blergh! I am not much for shots myself and even with the after dinner coffee & nibbles, Em and her mum continued with a few shots of Baileys. 

An amusing thing happened in the evening, flies.. or perhaps just a single fly mocked Emma big-time! It sat on the plastic end of the electric fly swat! and just shook its ass at her and let out a huge maniacal laugh! I mean look at it! [photo] Damn hilarious it was.

Once home we enjoyed some balcony time with this view.. [photo]

Saturday Emma headed off into Malmö again to buy shampoo & conditioner.. yep. The girl uses fancy shampoo that you have to travel to buy! I am much clevererer about my hair products and just get it from my hairdresser! yep, Immathinkerer! She got all sweaty and even got roped into taking touristy snaps for someone! She doesn't like doing that at the best of times.. but then who does. I don't like doing it coz you never really know what they want and people have different eyes. ya know? I'm glad it doesn't happen that often to me.. I think I just look too unapproachable most of the time. Must be my crazy eyes! People think I will throw pie for them and that will mean they are mine. (Orange is the New Black humour there, if you haven't seen it.. then see it!)

The rest of Saturday was pretty chilled just hanging out at home, getting ready to be back in the usual grind of the real world. Sunday started off chilled, as in laying in bed for extra long AND temp wise! It was a little chilly with the massive downpour.. I am not complaining.. it was quite nice. When we finally got up we headed out to pick blackberries and so off we biked in the drizzle which turned into a downpour pretty quickly. Dang! We picked.. by we, I mean Emma.. while I stood to the side and watched her get sliced and diced by the angry bushes who were mad at her for taking all it's berries! [insta photo of battle wounds!]

We continued the chilled theme and made some ice cream with some of them.. good use of berries if you ask me! All in all our Sunday was pretty relaxed and we hung about home just... being and eating an assortment of goodies, crackers & cheese! Tomorrow the routine begins, what will be thrown our way next? Right now, after I hit publish.. I am going to take myself off to the kitchen and dish me up some of that ice cream! Summer vacay.. complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)