Sunday 18 August 2013

Loneliness.

My first week home alone.. no Nemo.. no Emma. I wont say that it has been easy, it has had ups and downs. I realise even more now just how much company he did give me even tho half the time he would walk away from me. It is pretty lonely in this little home of ours without the noise and annoyances of Emma and Nemo but in time it will become the norm.

Apparently the weather gods mis-read the memo where it was said that Emma's summer vacation was over and took it to mean that summer was over! Coz this past week has been filled with cold weather and rain! Lots and lots of rain! We even had to close windows as it got that cold! We have had all our windows open for over a month! What gives weather gods?! What. Gives?!.

I haven't done all that much this week, it has been a rather restful week which I think was needed in a way. On Thursday night we headed off to Emporia to partake in some dumplings again! However, this time they weren't as great as the first time and I don't know if it was coz we went with deep fried options or what.. but it really didn't hit the mark. Next time we will go with steamed again and hopefully we didn't just hit the jackpot our first time.. we will see. 
We also looked around the stores.. coz you know that is what you do when you are at a mall, right? I hate malls. Emma got some ice cream, a caramel pecan scoop and a macaron scoop. I tried them both.. the caramel pecan one was ok, the macaron one... no. Just no. It leaves me wondering if people who decide to flavour something 'macaron' if they have ever tasted a macaron by itself. The intense 'almond' flavour that they give these macaron flavoured things is just plain disgusting.. to me anyway and if that is anything like what a macaron tasted like.. there is no way that it would get past my lips. As it is I am rather picky about macarons, I have a sensitive palate when it comes to egg, and I don't like the after-taste that comes with many macaron or even meringue type things. Even that eggy taste would be better than that pungent almond taste. The ice cream looked great and had a good texture.. but the flavours were just meh.

The weekend continued with the theme of restfulness and we just stuck about home for the most part. We went to into town to the market and got some blueberries, chanterelles and the biggest red onion I have seen in a long time! Then nicked into the bakery and picked up a couple of slices of cake for fika! Oh how I love to fika! Oh how Swedes love to fika! This is what we dined on.. [photo] served with iced coffee rather than hot coffee, just coz we can! Later we headed to the parentals and served up a lovely dish of creamy oniony chanterelles! Deliciousness and indulgent! Sunday the indulgence continued with a wonderful serving of blueberry pancakes for breakfast! More lounging was done to round off the day.. along with a little online shopping.. my very favourite way to shop! No pesky sales attendants trying to up-sell stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)