Sunday 4 August 2013

The 3rd Week

It was the start of a new week and we found that we needed a new dish washing brush so we took ourselves off to IKEA. Yes that's right, folks! We went to IKEA mainly to buy a brush to clean the dishes! Why you ask? Coz I like that they have a suction cup on the ass and you can stand them up. We bought 3, which should last until we next head there.

While we were there, we also checked out a few couches. We are in need of a new couch and we always put off buying one coz a new one would mean Nemo couldn't be on it and I liked having him to cuddle on the couch. So anyways, we are now in the market for a comfortable and stylish couch.. which is always easier said than done, half the time we see a couch we like and it just isn't comfortable! IKEA had a couple of comfy couches that we liked, I'll be honest they aren't a first choice in style but they are comfy and comfort is needed.

We walked around parking our asses in couches left, right and centre! Then all of a sudden, Em has the face of panic! Pure panic! Her phone has fallen out in one of the many countless couches we have parked asses in! We rush back trying to look in all the couches, I attempt to call it in the hope of perhaps hearing it. But nothing. Nada. Em goes up to a staff member and tells them and they reach into a drawer and proceed to pull out her phone! Some honest person had actually handed it in! It always gives me a little bit of faith in humanity when things like this happen, sadly it never lasts long.

There was a smidge of hilarity when I was looking at stuffs and went to talk to Emma, even grabbed her.. only to discover that it was not in fact Emma. I looked around and Emma was so far away it wasn't funny! Thanks for letting me know! Gosh! I felt a little silly but it happens to the best of us.. right?!

We walked around looking about, grabbing a few things here and there.. most importantly the dish washing brushes! We headed out and jumped on.. what turned out to be the wrong bus! Hahahaha! But it was still going to where we needed it to, just takes a little longer. We actually jumped off early coz a rather stinky individual jumped on and it was hard to breathe.. a little exercise wouldn't kill us anyways.

I must say, a Monday excursion to IKEA is a great way to start off the week!

Tuesday we headed to enjoy the company of the animals of Scandinavia!

Wednesday was a VERY rainy day.. a perfect day for staying in and just relaxing! We woke up to the sound of pissing down rain, which is kinda nice and coz of all the rain it was a bit cooler. We also woke up to the sound of the garbage trucks, which wasn't so nice. Trash needs to be removed tho, so I accept that loud annoyance. 

Thursday was Emma's most fashionable day! She donned a garbage bag and helped dye my shorts back to black! All this sun had stripped my shorts! Why not buy a new pair you ask? Well that would be cos currently the style for shorts are short shorts. Fatties like myself should not don short shorts. Power to the ones that do, but I myself like to keep my flabby bits under wraps! We also ate ice cream in the town square.. this is raspberry & liquorice.. it is pretty darn delicious! And I actually got a semi decent cone for once too! It was a good ice cream day indeed!


Friday, I got my clean on and also made popcorn ice cream again! That stuff be noms! In the evening we went to a BBQ at Emma's bro's house. While we were there we took a moment to mark the grave of Nemo with a name plate and a flower. 
It has been 2 weeks since he left us. It is still so unbelievable. I miss my main man.
Emma's bro has a lovely place, it is very relaxing being there.. I quite enjoy just watching the big fishies in the pond. Of course there is Arran there too.. and he is pretty hilarious at the best of times. He's a bouncer!

Saturday we headed into Malmö.. the train in was pure hell! It felt so much longer than usual and I had a little girl tracing the outline of my tattoo and a toddler kicking me. Don't people know how to be parents anymore? Don't they teach their kids to behave and not touch strangers? The train was also very packed with loads of younger people drinking.. once we got in, we worked out why. There was a big house party or something happening in the park. We didn't have much planned for our day out, catch a flick and watch the sunset.. the sunset was a bit of a bust with dark clouds rolling in.. hopefully we can head in next week and get a stunning sunset at the water to end the summer vacation.

We did catch a flick, 3D. I really dislike it but they aren't much for giving you the choice here and I was just happy to be able to see Despicable Me 2 that wasn't dubbed in Swedish! 
Don't I look stunning?! These glasses are much better than the ones at our local movie place, as in they are a million times lighter so it is not as uncomfortable. We get to keep them too.. which is good coz we had to pay extra on top of the ticket to actually be able to watch the movie. I did enjoy the movie.. I needs to get me a minion or four and definitely an Agnes! 

After the movie we had a little sushi for dinner and then headed home to catch another flick. This time it was The Wolverine. The perve factor on Hugh Jackman is always up to standard but the movie could have done without the chemistry-less love scene that just sort of appeared out of nowhere. Other than that it was an alright movie, much better than the last.. I will give it that much.

Sunday.. total lazy start to the day for me.. I had a morning where I just didn't want to get up. Feeling down I guess you could say. Emma forced me to go for a bike-ride down to the lake. It was a beautiful day, it is always quite pretty there. I saw some ducks, so of course that perked me up some and then we headed off again.. biking biking.. when we came across a raspberry bush! The raspberries were a little small.. Emma picked a few for me but nothing much really so we gave up and moved on.. biking biking.. and BAM! blackberries!
As you can see there were a few! Emma picked a handful for me and I stood there munching them happily with I guess a really goofy grin! My normal grin I would suppose! There is just something lovely about being able to pick berries from the bush and munch away. There were quite a few that weren't ready so hopefully they will be ready when we next go back.. and also hopefully no-one else has claimed them!

We proceeded to the parentals for a late lunch and some pie.. which was good coz I was starved! STARVED! Emma did good by dragging me out of the house for a bit, I guess that is why she is my better half!? We biked home and had a lovely lazy afternoon before meeting up with the Goats for dinner. 

It has been a rather up and down week really. I only have one more week with Emma home with me.. I have quite enjoyed having her around full-time.. she's not Nemo tho, she actually stays in the room when I walk in! She does beg for food all the time tho! I definitely know where he picked that trait up from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)