Friday 9 August 2013

A Day at Den Blå Planet.

A grey day seems like a perfect day to head to an aquarium and so you know... that's what Emma and I did! [video en route] We headed off to arrive at opening time at The Blue Planet, and by jingoes I am glad we did! Coz once we caught the train, then the stinky metro, then walked in the pissing down rain to the aquarium it was already packed and we were there only 10ish minutes past opening time. Luckily we also had pre-purchased tickets so we got to go in the fast track line, which wasn't looking so fast as we were actually leaving I might add! It was nearly as long as the line for buying tickets! Frak that for a joke!
 
Speaking of jokes, it seems that when designing the building they didn't take into account that the place would actually be popular coz it was like a being shoved into a sardine can! There were some very narrow passageways that were not meant to take two way people traffic! Let alone people traffic with strollers! And OMG! Don't even get me started on strollers.. oh wait! Too bloody late! What is it with people's obsessions with having ones that are clearly too large?! If your kid only fills 1/3 of it then clearly you don't need it! Gah!

It's currently a big hate of mine, it's been driving me insane as I watch people with no regard for others expecting others to get out of their way just because they have a massive buggy for their spawn. I want to burn every last hummer equivalent buggy there is on this planet.

Ok, back on topic of my sardine time at the aquarium! It was pretty good.. it wasn't a favourite aquarium of mine but it was worth the look, I would recommend it to others but maybe say.. wait a year or so for it to calm down a little. It's still quite new and it seems that means every Tom, Dick, Harry & their spawn need to be there.
We walked around and checked out all there was to see.. here's a few pics..
 
 
 
As well as some Instagram goodies.. Finding Nemo [photo] No Touching [photo] The Big Tank [video] Squishy! [photo] A lonely little puffin! [photo]

We sat in the glass tunnel for the feeding of the big tank, which was pretty awesome I must say. The tunnel also had a glass floor section so you could see them sea-creatures go under you instead of only above and to the sides! It also gets pretty hot in there. It also seems people didn't bother reading or just ignored the signs and brought their bloody strollers in! Sorry, off-track again.

We had a little hiccup with the puffins.. we thought we were going to watch the puffins being fed but no, it turned out we were just watching fish being fed where the puffins were. Whoops. I guess that will teach us for being too excited for puffins! How could we not be? They are adorable! Smaller than expected too lol

The last thing to see were the Californian sea lions, which was actually quite disappointing.. I felt it was too small and too hard to find a good spot to watch them. Outside there was only a small strip off to the side to see them or you had to go inside and down a bit into the mass of people to even try and catch a glimpse and who knows when sea lions will even go past. It was quite the let down.

We didn't stay to eat, instead we headed out and towards the metro again.. this time we were on the sauna metro and it was like there was an extra sauna in my pants!

We headed to The Coffee Collective again, bought some beans and partook in some iced coffee awesomeness! Before grabbing a focaccia for lunch.. Emma had a pesto filled one and I had some Italian one that was like eating pure salt. It was just salt on salt on salt. It got washed down with a coffee éclair.. the chocolate one on Tuesday was nicer. Also, who knew that eating an
éclair could look so crude!


Next stop! Mikkeller & Friends! Where we sat for a few hours drinking beer and eating goodies! Salt & vinegar crisps, porter sausage & cornichons! All up we tried 7 beers and purchased 2 bottles to take home.

Round One was one that had been made with New Zealand hops! As we walked in I heard the bartender mention it to a bunch of boys and being a Kiwi, my ears perked up at hearing NZ. It was actually very delicious, I hoped they had bottles for sale but sadly they did not. The bartender recommended a kriek with a lovely hint of cherry to it, I could easily drink those two over and over.


Emma popped off to use the facilities and when she returned she exclaimed! "I think I may have used the mens toilet... coz there was a urinal in there!" Turns out.. yes she in fact did use the dangle bits toilet and the pink bits toilet was around the other corner! Whoops! Luckily for her and any dangle bit owner, she was all alone the entire time while using the facilities. Never a dull moment!

Round Two consisted of one called Jackie Brown, coz I just could not pass that shit up! It was another easy one to drink indeed. This is also when we grabbed the nibbles, definitely went well with nibbles. The other in this round was a Limoncello beer and that one went down quite easy.. not that I got much of it. Emma got all hoggy!


Round Three had some rather interesting choices, or well one that was a sour beer. It really intrigued me so I just had to give it a go! It had an acidy taste to it. Not a favourite and as long as you took a good mouthful it wasn't too bad, if you sipped it then well.. let's just say it wasn't overly pleasant. The other in the mix was a variation of a poster they had displayed.. it was quite bitter and not overly to Emma's liking so I had to help her finish it off. I didn't mind it at all.


Round Four or perhaps 3.5 coz we only grabbed one beer on this round.. we weren't planning on having a round but when we were buying a couple of bottles to go we wanted to try one of them (again we heard the bartender talking about this beer to someone and he mentioned avocado! Say what?! So yeah, we felt the need to try), but didn't want one of the larger bottles and it was quite expensive so we opted to just try it before going instead and wow, now that was a very interesting beer. It had a slight smell of chocolate and it was dark and rich and kind of smokey! 



What extra beers did we buy? Well these ones of course! As you can imagine one of them had me at cream and the other had me at bacon! I shall keep you posted on the outcome of these beery treats!

All beered up and merry we headed to the train station, firstly stopping by the cemetery to see the grave of the little mermaid dude. Also, stumbling across a walk light that someone had glued on a Mr. T head! Awesome yah?
Extra around Copenhagen photos on instagram.. 
Watch out! There's a croc about! [photo] OBEY [photo] Wrapping it up.. [photo

The train home was slow, late and packed! Apparently it was sardine time again. Across from us, there sat a dude.. who looked like the human version of Squidward Tentacles from Spongebob Squarepants. I wanted to take a photo but it would have been way too obvious! If only I had GoogleGlass! Could have totally done the sneaky photo easily then! DangNabbit!  All in all another successful day out.  Only a few days left and the summer vacation will be over.. back to the real world routine of my darling leaving the house for far too many hours a day.. and I'll be without my Nemo. I posted this photo of him for ThrowBackThursday. It still makes me smile how adorable he was when he was all fluffy and how he didn't mind getting dressed up! Nemo in socks is just pure adorableness! [photo] He only ever wore them in the tent when we were hiking or on the odd occasion when we greased up his pads. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)