Monday 26 March 2012

Did Someone Say Waffles?!

Another weekend happened upon us and we found ourselves with a very glorious one! Daylight savings began.. the weather was beautiful.. lots of sunshine which makes for a happy Jo!

On Saturday, Em and I found ourselves at the bike store buying a new bike so that we could go on daily bike rides and enjoy this nicer weather that has graced us. This is the bike [click for instagram photo] or [click for side view in all its glory!]

After the bike purchase we headed home to get started on the trimming of Nemo.. with the warmer weather it means that it is time to chop the locks! It looks like a skinny little bugger now.. but seems to have added some real spring in his step.. like it does every other time.. it always amuses me. I also love how when he is all trimmed that you can see his spots! He is a designer dog!
Look at Mr Adorbs!
Trimming takes ALL day.. then he gets a bath and some crayzeeness and then before we knew it.. it was time to head off to the movies to see The Hunger Games. It was a decent movie, above average I would say.. I found that there were a few yawn moments but all in all I didn't mind it. Now to read the books I guess.. I'll let Emma do it first and she can tell me if it is worthwhile lol

Sunday! Waffle day! Which meant that I was up and making a Jamie Oliver recipe of Grill-pan waffles + epic hot chocolate! I have waited to make this recipe since last year when I first came across it! 
I was on the phone with Pinko while making it.. and she egged me to try and flip it rather than using something to do it.. so with a good toss! I flipped that heavy giant waffle and nearly got it done cleanly.. apart from one corner! Darn it! I was so close.. it looked pretty darn good anyways.. see look how big it is!

Then we chopped it up into slices so we could dip it into the thick hot chocolate that I had also made. Coz I am that awesome! Best housewife ever!! #amiright? [click for instagram pic of it sliced & served] We also gave it a little dousing in maple flavoured syrup! 

After our big breakfast.. we headed off for a bike ride down by the lake! It was lovely.. its where we met some moo moos! [click Shadow - Lake - MooMoo for Emma's instagram photos]

It was a pretty fun ride.. once again I am just awesome on a bike! Never a dull moment when I have been let loose on 2 wheels! Oh you know you wanna experience the awesomeness of that!

Time flew by, it was Wii time with Pinko before doing a tidy up and getting the next meal of waffles ready.. this time the more Swedish type of waffle.. which is thinner and served with jam and cream.. for me I had boysenberry jam.. for Emma strawberry.. for the parentals.. they alternated between both. Luckily I have enough boysenberry jam that I didn't mind.. but a trip to Denmark will be in order over the summer break I dare say to pick up some more. Supplies are low. [click for instagram pic] YUMS!

A little while after dinner.. it was time to break out the wheels again and go for another spin! I'm loving the warmer weather and getting out and about.. now the question is.. do we or don't we buy a doggy trailer so that Nemo can come along on these rides? He might just be yappy yappy like he was when we rode on the old train tracks.. last May. If only I could find that video..

All in all I had a great weekend and I hope to have many more great days ahead with lovely weather and bike rides.. perhaps even picnics! Life is bright and really looking up.. Bring on the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, nice name! I know what you mean about the beautiful weather...I am in sunny North Queensland and it is just gorgeous here at the moment. Great blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)