Friday 2 March 2012

Behind Closed Doors!

As it has been pointed out to me by several peoples.. I am a bad blogger. I do not blog nearly enough and now that my mateo Pinko has joined into the blogging.. I feel I must step it up a notch... a new month will hopefully mean I have more to blog about.. and given that the weather is just stunning today.. it might just mean that more stunning weather is on its way.. I mean look at what I got greeted with this morning from my kitchen window.. [click me for the sunning sunrise.. you know you wanna] now we wont go into how I had to try and balance the window on my head to be able to take such a crystal clear shot.. oh wait I just did. My windows need a clean.. a very good clean.. perhaps Emma Bo Bemma and I shall get our clean on this weekend and sort those pesky dirty windows out! After our fix of Mario Kart Wii with Pinko of course.

Ok.. now lets move on to me sharing with you a little funny that happened to me yesterday afternoon.. It had me nearly peeing my pants.. This story is all about 1 door.. 1 peep-hole.. 2 sides. This door..
There I was, laying on the couch.. minding my own business watching some trashy tv, when the doorbell rung. I looked at the time and thought.. Hmmm, this time last week it was the Jehovah ladies. I got up.. quietly so that they didn't hear I was inside.. and snuck over to the door.. as quiet as a mouse and peered through the peep-hole.. and yes I was right.. it was those ladies. And of course, coz of my quick thinking and remembering that just last week they would slot their stupid little pamphlet through the mail slot.. I carefully and quietly place my fingers like so...
...over the inside part of the slot and continued to peer through the peep-hole. 
Things went so much better than I could ever have imagined. 

There I was holding the the metal flap down and one of the ladies on the other side was attempting to shove their flimsy pamphlet through my slot.. she tried.. and and tried.. she was hovered over that slot and pushing with all her might to get that piece of paper in.. to no avail.. the ladies chattered in Swedish to one another.. I couldn't really make out what they were saying.. but I am sure it was along the lines of.. god give me the strength to win over this mail slot! This went on for a good 4ish minutes.. The longest 4ish minutes of my life. I was on the other side.. peering at them.. watching their little heads bob as they really felt like the pamphlet should go through! Pushing with all their godly might! They needed to get the word out! I could really feel the urge to pee coming on from holding in all the laughter.. and I wasn't again going to pee a little in my pants.. it's happened once alright. ONCE.

They admitted defeat and decided it was time to try the neighbours.. I kept watching.. I don't know why I decided to keep watching but I did.. and I am SO glad I did! They rung the bell of the neighbours.. there was no answer and then like clockwork they stuck their little pamphlet through the neighbours slot. God looked down on them and must have said.. if it worked here then it must work there and the next thing I know.. the pamphlet carrier looked at my door again.. then looked at her friend and uttered the words that nearly made me cry out in laughter.. "can you help me?" I'm on the other side going.. "really? REALLY?!" in my head of course.. so I once again place my hand down to hold the slot as the little biddies walk over to my door with shear determination to defeat this blasted mail slot! They WILL get the word out! This time they were really poking their fingers in.. trying to budge it.. I had to use both my hands to stop it from happening. After another few minutes of this.. they admitted defeat.. uttered a few words to one another and off they set down the stairs.. and then I saw the shadow of the pamphlet carrier.. stop. Was she going to try a sneak attack on my door? Perhaps she did think it.. but she didn't do it.. they sulked off down the stairs.. until next week when I will have to do it again.. coz let's face it! That was shit funny.. and you all know that you would of laughed your ass off so hard had you been here to witness such awesomeness! Nemo slept through the entire thing. It's moments like these that I wish I could have recorded it.. Em.. should we set up the network camera out in the stairwell? LOL

When I relayed this story to Emma Bo Bemma.. of course she gets the true awesomeness of some re-enactments.. she found it highly amusing.. I think she might have peed her pants a little.. but she will never admit it. Em told me I should have bellowed out some godly words.. perhaps next time I will.. and see what they do. Maybe next week they will come back with re-enforcements? Who knows! The options are endless! What I do know is.. I need to make sure I am well pottied before they come.. I don't want no accidents!

Jehovah ladies 0 - Mail slot 1!

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!
    Awesome!! Fuck that would have been funny to watch!
    Next week, hold it down for a minute then let it fall through but catch it before it drops all the way through and as they start to walk away push it back out.
    This could become an awesome game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)